throttle, shifter, assembly >

throttle, shifter, assembly

Notices

throttle, shifter, assembly

Old 01-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle, shifter, assembly

Took my throttle assembly out and apart to have re-painted/powdercoated. springs, ball bearings feel out, how much trouble am I in, anyone have a diagram. single helm for re assembly.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Peice of cake. The springs are under the screws at the base of the levers to adj the tension required to move the levers. Normally you adj the tension with an allen wrench going thur the rubber lever seals from the dash side. Once the levers are back on the main body, install the bearings into the holes, then the springs, and then the screw.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 1,492 Likes on 807 Posts

You gotta love this site. I remember the day when all this techknowledgy wasn't hear and you had to wing everything on your own and hope for the best. The wasted time waiting on hold for a tech. for hours is not even a concern anymore. This site is truly great.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:47 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by getrdunn
You gotta love this site. I remember the day when all this techknowledgy wasn't hear and you had to wing everything on your own and hope for the best. The wasted time waiting on hold for a tech. for hours is not even a concern anymore. This site is truly great.
Here, here, my friend. 99.9-percent of what I know is from great posters on this site. I try to give what and where I can, but there are some Very experienced people on this site. That's why I keep coming back.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Here, here, my friend. 99.9-percent of what I know is from great posters on this site. I try to give what and where I can, but there are some Very experienced people on this site. That's why I keep coming back.
I hope what I said was not misunderstood. This site is my boat BIBLE. I was being completely honest and respectful.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

I agree with you guys. I get alot of advise from the pros and those more experienced than myself, but try to give back when I do know the answer.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Registered

That's what it's all about. Again, very glad to be a member. I always try and help out when I can and certainly get advice when in need. It's difficult these days to be completely diversified.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats exactly why I ask you guys, I have not been lead astra, most friendly and knowledgeable group around, thanks to all for your help.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

BTW, I did the same to mine a couple yrs ago, with a couple of mods. Solid brass knobs silver soldered on after the original round ones were cut off. I also added 2 trim switches in the thumb, and filled in the Fountain/Gaffrig logo recess on the levers for a no name look. Then chromed plated the base and levers, then PC the knobs only. Copied the newer shifters, but I didn't care for the bolt on look of the knobs. I also made the base ring to a more precise tighter fit and had it powdercoated along with teh shifters. The base trim rings you buy have a sloppy fit, in my opinion. Just didn't care for that 1 size fits all look.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...2%2F3+Lever%29

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.