Headers for a 27 Fever 525SC??

Notices

Headers for a 27 Fever 525SC??

Old 02-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers for a 27 Fever 525SC??

Hey All,
I have a 95 27 foot fever with a single 525SC. Just finished my top end rebuild and am dreading putting the clunky oem exhaust manifiolds back on. Would really like some nice looking headers but the prices I am seeing and the numerous options on them back me up pretty quick. This boat will only see fresh water so with that in mind does anyone have a recommendation of a certain set? What type of legitimate performance gains will I see? Any drawbacks?
Thanks in Advance!
Old 02-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Registered

The Gil manifolds are pretty good. When I switched to Lightning headers I do not remember much, if any, power gain.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Registered

Noticed your a pretty steady wealth of knowledge around here so just curious why you changed yours out. Are youable to romove your valve covers with the lightning headers still on?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:07 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gils, power flows, kodiaks all about the same. Nice used sets can be had for around $6-800. Try to find a set with stainless risers and all the hardware and tubes, it will save you some time and cash trying to find any missing parts to the system. Reversion could be a problem if the risers are too short, depending on your cam selection. Helping an engine to breath is always helpful but power gains are minimal. You could see maybe a few mph gain 1-3 maybe. The lightnings are having good results but they are more of a true header only in cast form. Most of the above are aluminum manifolds so some weight reduction is picked up. Guys are always upgrading so theres always some deals out there to be had. Good luck on your project!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Registered

Arcticfriends talked me in to it. No, the valve covers don't come off unless you loosen the header which usually wrecks the gasket, so you end up taking the whole thing apart anyway. Lightning headers are lighter and look very good. If your exhaust is in good shape, you could spend the money on other stuff and get more bang for the buck. my.02
Old 02-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kid Cumberland
Hey All,
I have a 95 27 foot fever with a single 525SC. Just finished my top end rebuild and am dreading putting the clunky oem exhaust manifiolds back on. Would really like some nice looking headers but the prices I am seeing and the numerous options on them back me up pretty quick. This boat will only see fresh water so with that in mind does anyone have a recommendation of a certain set? What type of legitimate performance gains will I see? Any drawbacks?
Thanks in Advance!
I have a set of used CMI e-tops with tails, $1600 obo if your interested. 847 613 7319 Rob
Old 02-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Dana's are nice pieces. Almost like true headers without the problems. They can polish or fusion coat anyway you want. I built some 525 clones and used them. Dana had to build some custom risers for me. They did a great job for a reasonable price. The runners in these stay separated all the way to the riser. The exit from the exhaust port co
es out straighter but they also require more lateral clearance. I will post some photos of mine to give you an idea.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Photos
Attached Thumbnails Headers for a 27 Fever 525SC??-motorparts454web.jpg   Headers for a 27 Fever 525SC??-starmotortight10.jpg   Headers for a 27 Fever 525SC??-exhaust8.jpg  

Headers for a 27 Fever 525SC??-webportmotor11.jpg