Best Position For Speakers??? High/low/front/back PICS >

Best Position For Speakers??? High/low/front/back PICS

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Im about to put some 7.7in JL's w/ tweeters and 2 10in JL woofers in the boat. The woofers are going under the rear seat. My question is where to place the 7.7's? Should they be in the front by the driver and rider? Or in the back? Should I just look for th area in the boat that I can put them the highest? The materials will be in soon so I am trying to make a decision quick. Also what do you think on these two options. Sports grill in white or grey? I will be adding grey carpet soon.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker placement

I just installed a custom stereo in my 375 Stinger with 3 Rockford Fosgate component sets and 4 Rockford ten inch subs. I mounted 2 of the component sets in the gunwales both in front of and behind the bolsters and 1 set in the cabin. I also ran 4 ten inch subs under the back seat. I would highly recommend putting speakers both in front of and behind the bolsters as its like standing in a concert hall, and it sounds great from anywhere in the boat. If your limited to the front or the rear, I would stick with the rear. When your underway, it sounds better because your not standing right in front of the starboard speaker and you can actually have a conversation with background music, not compete with it. You also need to consider upgrading your charging system, and adding batteries depending on the size of your amps. Consider that your alternators will only charge to their max capacity when they are spun at a higher rpm, so letting it idle is doing very little in regards to charging, as explained to me by my local aternator guy. I run 1700 watts and my stereo pukes after about an hour or two depending on how i run it, (upgrading as we speak)I by no means am an expert, however it was installed by an expert and it sounds as good as it looks. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kyboy,
Here is what I would do for a start. I am not sure if you have enough room on the sides, but this would give you good coverage up front. I am not sure what the rear space is that you have available.
Attached Thumbnails Best Position For Speakers??? High/low/front/back PICS-sonicmod.jpg  
Old 02-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This was an experimental test I did last yr.I went with 8 JL 770's last year and the sound was out of this world. The way I had the speakers facing up and out of the boat allowed to be heard on the beach, rafting in the water or in the boat. This system I through in towards the end of the year to see more how it would sound. The speakers mounted on the rear of the bolsters are removeable. The speakers on the side are mounted in fiberglassed/gel pods. I have taken all this out this winter and redoing the whole system. New speaker pods, boxes to allow it to look like it fits better. Most all the speakers will be facing up and out as much as possible. I will have 2O JL 770s in for this season.
Here are some pics of progress.
Attached Thumbnails Best Position For Speakers??? High/low/front/back PICS-p1020374.jpg   Best Position For Speakers??? High/low/front/back PICS-p1020307.jpg   Best Position For Speakers??? High/low/front/back PICS-p1010601.jpg  

Best Position For Speakers??? High/low/front/back PICS-p1010610.jpg  
Old 02-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Did you purchase your speakers off line or from an authorized dealer... There is a guy on eBay with 30000 + positive sales and the 7.7are like half price almost. They honor a 1 year warranty on them and local people I know say they been in business for awhile... Thoughts???
Old 02-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Registered

wow, i am all about having some kick ass tunes, and i am in the process if setting up a system in my new 311...but it has to look good too.... The system in the 357 i am sure sounds AWSOME but not soo much on the looks side...
Old 02-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by theadamv1
The system in the 357 i am sure sounds AWSOME but not soo much on the looks side...
As stated, this was more of a test for speaker placement and get me through the end of summer. As stated, all has come out and new going in.
As with your 311, the 357 has hardly (none) flat space that you can fit speakers up high enough. I must make some changes and sacrifice alittle to get this all in.
The 357 is getting all new interior (white) and we will see how it all comes together.

As far as my speakers off ebay, I bought one set, it took 2mo. for the guy to get them, supposably, and they where the wrong ones when I did finally get them. I found that millionbuy.com was able to get them for same price I was finding them on ebay. 1yr warranty and they stood behind one pair I had to return already. They where a set of JL 650s. No good. I blew them in a couple weeks. They don't always have them available although. There are other places for about the same price.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You want the 770's as high as you can get them within reason. It looks like maybe 1 on each side under the front bolster cup holders would work. It just really depends on where you have room and how much custom fabrication you want to do.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by srl520
As stated, this was more of a test for speaker placement and get me through the end of summer. As stated, all has come out and new going in.
As with your 311, the 357 has hardly (none) flat space that you can fit speakers up high enough. I must make some changes and sacrifice alittle to get this all in.
The 357 is getting all new interior (white) and we will see how it all comes together.

As far as my speakers off ebay, I bought one set, it took 2mo. for the guy to get them, supposably, and they where the wrong ones when I did finally get them. I found that millionbuy.com was able to get them for same price I was finding them on ebay. 1yr warranty and they stood behind one pair I had to return already. They where a set of JL 650s. No good. I blew them in a couple weeks. They don't always have them available although. There are other places for about the same price.
I totally agree with you one the limited choices on where to mount speakers in thses boats, so far i have 2 down infront of the seats in the factory locations( which is about a waste) and i have four 6.5 in mids under the rear seat with 2 sub's, but i did make a new panel for under there and have them angled up and out. I plan on adding atleast 4 more mid speakers in the cockpit as soon as i come up with a good place to mount them, I would love to see uptade pics of what you are doing with your 357.. drop me an email sometime ( [email protected]) and i will send ya some pics of the panel that i am making for the 311. I was thinking on recessing some into the side gunwhale panels, but the problem there is they will have to be even smaller...
Old 02-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Registered

Default Charging system set

Originally Posted by theadamv1
I totally agree with you one the limited choices on where to mount speakers in thses boats, so far i have 2 down infront of the seats in the factory locations( which is about a waste) and i have four 6.5 in mids under the rear seat with 2 sub's, but i did make a new panel for under there and have them angled up and out. I plan on adding atleast 4 more mid speakers in the cockpit as soon as i come up with a good place to mount them, I would love to see uptade pics of what you are doing with your 357.. drop me an email sometime ( [email protected]) and i will send ya some pics of the panel that i am making for the 311. I was thinking on recessing some into the side gunwhale panels, but the problem there is they will have to be even smaller...
What kind of charging system do you have and how many house batteries are you running?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.