Air Actuated Muffler INSTALL HELP

Notices

Air Actuated Muffler INSTALL HELP

Old 02-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts
Default Air Actuated Muffler INSTALL HELP

Hello everyone,
I recently sold a set of Gafrig type air actuated mufflers to a boater overseas. There was no instruction manual as to how to hook up air lines and wires that came with. I am trying to help the individual out so he can get them installed. Any help would be appreciated. I never installed them myself otherwise I would walk him through it.

Thanks,
John
Old 02-12-2010, 10:01 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi John,
Not sure if I can help or not but I had a set and if I can remember right the cylnders had a fitting at both ends but the air lines only attached at one end. I believe I remember that they where spring loaded either open or closed and you attached the air to overcome the spring tension so that you could run with them in either position and by hitting the switch for the air it either opened or closed the flapper. I think I just confused myself? Probly not much help but I remember the air lines where only connected on one side of the cylnder.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the air lines connect to the end of the cly that is the closest to the transom the other fitting is used to exhaust the air out of the system when you turn the switch off. When you activate the pump the mufflers close when you operate the solenoid valve the mufflers open ( note) the fitting that is farthest away from the transom has to have a short piece of hose that goes thru the transom of the boat so it wont get water in the air cyl that operates the muffler. fireboatpilot is right the mufflers are spring loaded in the open position. Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

Thanks guys for the help.. I will forward the purchaser to this thread and have him post any additional questions.

Thanks again,
John