Air Dock????? >

Air Dock?????

Notices

Air Dock?????

Old 02-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Dock?????

Is there anyone on here that has a Air Dock or had one that could give me some information.Im considering one for a covered slip,shallow fresh water application.Any information would be appreciated.Thanks
Old 02-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered

have my 38 top gun on one , 3yrs now works great.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by joepequa
have my 38 top gun on one , 3yrs now works great.
me too.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my 35 Cig. on one . Works great ,no problems.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:47 AM
Registered

Default Air Dock

Hello Guy's....Thanks for the feedback.Im gonna get one because it will be best for a shallow water application and sounds like it's doing the job..Hank36
Old 03-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Registered

Default air dock

I know this sounds stupid but where does it go when not up holding the boat? does it drop below surface and stay our of the way of the props when you come in. Can you come in backwards?
Old 03-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silent lucidity
I know this sounds stupid but where does it go when not up holding the boat? does it drop below surface and stay our of the way of the props when you come in. Can you come in backwards?
Go to AirDock's web site ,plenty of info. Elite Marine is the best place to buy one .Great price and great service!!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by silent lucidity
it has air bags inside of airbags. the internal ones are adjusted for neutral bouyancy so , when deflated, the pontoons are right at the surface or just above. and you can't back on... or i wouldn't even consider it anyway. they really are a pretty clever and effective device. the fan box is amaturishly made and looks like somebody cobbled it up in an emergency from stuff they got at ace hardware but the bottom line is that it functions quite well in all respects.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stevesxm
it has air bags inside of airbags. the internal ones are adjusted for neutral bouyancy so , when deflated, the pontoons are right at the surface or just above. and you can't back on... or i wouldn't even consider it anyway. they really are a pretty clever and effective device. the fan box is amaturishly made and looks like somebody cobbled it up in an emergency from stuff they got at ace hardware but the bottom line is that it functions quite well in all respects.
He pretty much nailed it. Have our 32' Sunsation on it with no major problems. It has suffered a few minor cuts from the zebra mussles on Lake Erie but they're easy enough to patch and a WHOLE lot cheaper than all the other options. Plus...I can pretty much cover my dock fees for the season charging $5 a head to watch the boat go up and down on the big air bag!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Registered

We are on our second AirDock...
The first was for our 35 Lightning and it works great. My neighbor now uses it on his 35 Donzi.
The second was wider for our 38 EC.. It also has performed perfectly. No problems getting it set up in the water, and the zebra muscles wash off easily in the fall with a power washer.
Glad they didn't get a chance to grow on my boat.
AirDock is simple and by far the best value available for hoists.
Carder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.