Notices

headers

Old 03-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers

What does anyone know about the lightning marine headers.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a set on my 20 cigarette awhile back and had no problems with them. Ran it for 3 yrs before i sold it. I used it in the delaware river witch is fresh water occiasional trips to the shore and chesepeke bay. They were flushed after salt use and I did drain them after each use fresh or salt use. They were also custom and i had to give demension as they were lower exhaust ports I really like them , they look cool with the longer tubes than an e top CMI. I remeber them being very helpful .

Dave
Old 03-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

I had a set on my 04 288 and ran them for about 20 hours before i sold the boat. The sound on the 496ho with those was awesome! They were very high quality and gave me about 1 mph.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Excellent header! i have put a few Set's on, if you decide to buy the steel headers you wont have to worry about the tube rotting out and damaging your engine because the inner tubes are stainless steel.. the outer is steel and lightening claims the coat the inside of the header for corrosion..One of my customers is on his 13th year since i put them on and they are as solid as the day i put them on..For the price you cant beat it

Last edited by FIXX; 03-03-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Registered

I ran a couple of sets on different boats. They are very nice and helpful when you are having them built. They sound great and perform awsome. Great header for the price.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Registered

Default Fixx

here's a little teaser for you on what the lightenings sound like,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYjFu...response_watch

I think this guy is scared of the boat
Old 03-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Registered

I only run in fresh water, do they make a direct replacment for bravo set ups or do you have to have them custom built. where is the best place to contact for them. thanks
Old 03-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by rssteiny
I only run in fresh water, do they make a direct replacment for bravo set ups or do you have to have them custom built. where is the best place to contact for them. thanks
Contact them direct,talk to jen which who run's the place and in most cases they have them in stock for your application..

One suggestion if you buy yhe headers, i use the 12 point SS arp header bolts..The lightening header tubes are fairly large so the 12 point make it easier to tighten them.
http://www.boatheaders.com/

Last edited by FIXX; 03-04-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a pic of the headers on my 20 cigarette on serious offshore. Go to cigarette forumn and look under 20 cigarette. I just posted them. I remeber the support from the company being very good.