kiekhaefer shifter cable question >

kiekhaefer shifter cable question

Notices

kiekhaefer shifter cable question

Old 03-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts
Default kiekhaefer shifter cable question

I'm getting ready to install a set of kiekhaefer shifters in my formula. Right now I have the standard mercury single arm shifter. My question is can I use my old cables? From what I can see it looks likes like the kiekhaefer uses a different cable end. is this the case or am I missing something?
Attached Thumbnails kiekhaefer shifter cable question-picture-001.jpg   kiekhaefer shifter cable question-picture-002.jpg  
Old 03-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need new cables. They are 33C cables that you need. You will also need a adapter kit for the engine side of the new cables.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:00 AM
Gold Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread but installing the same setup, did you have any problem putting the cables onto the shifter itself? Seem like I am bending the hell out of my cables
Old 04-14-2016, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did that swap a while back, used the old cables, just need the end adapters and you are good to go, no I did not have a issue with cables, I think that shifter drops them down as I remember

Last edited by ezstriper; 04-14-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:44 AM
Gold Member

I have everything for the engine side and both clevis hooks for the shifter it self but when I put the cables in the groves on the bracket attached to the shifter the ends of the cables are on a angle that does not seem right was not sure if I was missing anything or not. Thanks for the reply!