change from efi to carburator >

change from efi to carburator

Notices

change from efi to carburator

Old 03-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default change from efi to carburator

have a 1996 454 mag motor wanting to change to carb need to know what kind of intake to use.they till me the heads and pistons are different than a 454 310 horse carb motor so i need to know how to convert over to use the carburator.also they tell me my carb intake won't bolt up to efi heads
Old 03-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You need a rect port intake manifold and an 800cfm carb. I would use an Edlebrock performer rpm intake. Any carb intake will bolt up fine. Why switch from the efi????

You would also have to switch ignitions since the ECM for you efi also controls the ignition.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am replacing the motor in the boat that came carburated which I am putting back together to sell,I bought the efi motor which came with a pro charger that I want for my boat,when they procharged they didn't keep the original parts they took off the motor so it will be cheaper for me to keep the boat I am selling carburated than to buy the parts to change it over to efi which I would prefer but trying to keep cost down.Thanks for the information