Help with 370

Notices
Formula

Help with 370

Old 03-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with 370

I bought a 370 in December that was supposed to be winterized. I took the boat to my lift and winterized the engines only. We pulled the boat out a few weeks ago to install a platform. Yesterday, we put the boat back in the water and noticed the glass on the AC strainer was cracked like it might have froze. I went down in the cabin and found the floor was soaked with water. What is the deal? Could the whole AC system be trashed? I didn't want to start the AC because there are still some cold nights ahead.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Did you buy from a dealer? Did you check your fresh water tank to see if the water was left in it too?
Old 03-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a couple of questions......Was the ball valve on the air condition pump in the off position? Was the water on the floor mixed with rv antifreeze? Like mentalpause said did you buy it from a dealer? Who winterized it?............Capt. Steve
Old 03-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I bought it from a dealer. I think the water on the floor came from moving the boat to Cambdenton and back. I assume there is a floor drain in there that the bilge water could have ran up there. The seacock has been closed all winter. When we put the boat back in I noticed it was opened. I'm afraid that that part was never winterized.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

When I winterize my air and gen the RV antifreeze runs back down into the strainer after I shut them off. Then I vacuum out the strainers just for extra safety. But if after that you ran the boat with the seacocks open to the strainer(s) I bet water would run back up into the strainer.