View Full Version : you dont get whats in the picture at performance trailer

1989272sr1
03-15-2010, 02:48 PM
i bought a trailer that performance trailer had got stuck with made it for another member got pictures sent to me trailer had alum wheels on it and when i picked it up in mass wheels where not on the trailer call bill talked to his wife she said bill would call me back waited 2 days call them his wife said because i got a deal he took the wheels and put on a set of cheep steel wheels makes the trailer look like **** dont get me wrong its a very nice trailer but i bought it with alum wheels and i got none so now i have to buy new wheels i work for a dealer and i could have bought a all alum easyloader with alum wheels for the price i am going to have in this trailer sad so make sure you get it in writen just because it was a good deal doesnt mean you can take parts off of it just because you may not have made alot of money a deal was a deal pete

crapr6
03-16-2010, 07:10 PM
i bought a trailer that performance trailer had got stuck with made it for another member got pictures sent to me trailer had alum wheels on it and when i picked it up in mass wheels where not on the trailer call bill talked to his wife she said bill would call me back waited 2 days call them his wife said because i got a deal he took the wheels and put on a set of cheep steel wheels makes the trailer look like **** dont get me wrong its a very nice trailer but i bought it with alum wheels and i got none so now i have to buy new wheels i work for a dealer and i could have bought a all alum easyloader with alum wheels for the price i am going to have in this trailer sad so make sure you get it in writen just because it was a good deal doesnt mean you can take parts off of it just because you may not have made alot of money a deal was a deal pete

That sucks to hear, but next time use some periods....it makes it easier to read

Ebay Ed
03-16-2010, 07:59 PM
i would have told him to keep the trailer and went some where else

wjb21ndtown
03-16-2010, 08:22 PM
i would have told him to keep the trailer and went some where else

+1... Or sued him for the cost of rims in the pic + time! :coolcowboy:

smokin' gun
03-17-2010, 06:43 AM
when this guy picked up the trailer he stopped by to show it to me . the second i saw it i noticed the wheels were removed and said the guy kept the aluminum wheels . this trailer was orig built for another member on oso . built for a 272 but guy had a 271 so trailer builder got stuck with it and sold it to my friend for less . told him to come to this site look up the pics and thats the trailer you will get. anybody can clearly see the alum wheels on the trailer .he used the phone at my shop to call bill @performance trailer and spoke to his wife. said bill will call you. never a call back .after numerous calls wife said the better wheels and tires were removed because you got a good deal on the trailer . my friend was never told this was the deal. not fair . as the caption says you dont get what you pay for . im currently looking for a trailer for a 04 formula 312 and know were not to go . sorry to rant but this guy is my neighbor just starting out boating and asked my advise on this. i even downloaded the pics for him. as for why he took the trailer without the alum wheels . he paid 2000 in dec on the trailer and was told it would be shipped on next load up there was a 1000 bal due to be paid in cash @ that time but bill from performance never came only a driver .

US1 Fountain
03-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Is this the teal trailer that 89donzi from Speedwake had made originally, but then had to have another one made do to teh 271/272 differences?

88242LS
03-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Is this the teal trailer that 89donzi from Speedwake had made originally, but then had to have another one made do to teh 271/272 differences?

Yes and I am very upset to hear about this I have been talking to 1989272 in private for a week or two now about this, I don't really now what to say here, Bill treated me 110% and as everyone here knows I have openly spoke great things about Bill and his product,

t500hps
03-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Yes and I am very upset to hear about this I have been talking to 1989272 in private for a week or two now about this, I don't really now what to say here, Bill treated me 110% and as everyone here knows I have openly spoke great things about Bill and his product,

so it's all your fault!!!

J/K :). When I read his first post I knew where the trailer came from, who it was built for, and the story. I thought maybe the aluminum wheels were swapped from the trailer some time ago and forgotten...but it doesn't appear that is the case. Sucks that people's intergrity drops as the economy cripples their companies.

smokin' gun
03-17-2010, 07:00 PM
the trailer is very nice . im not saying his work is bad . just saying his ethics are bad . i just feel bad for my neighbor we knew the trailer was the wrong color for him but the deal was good enough we were going to paint it when we got it home . his boat is red and yellow not a good combo but he was stuck for a trailer and boat is now sitting on a borrowed trailer that was only reason for taking the trailer home . when he called performance trailer and told bills wife about the wheels she said that happens all the time just a mixup and bill will call you . guess what no call back after 3 days called again wife answers and said i talked to bill and he says that what your getting you got a good deal on the trailer and thats why you got the deal you got . no one was ever told this was going to happen . so $3000.00 later wrong color trailer wrong wheels and no led lights its off to ebay from here for the wheels and lights . SO MUCH FOR THE GOOD DEAL !!!

"SHUKO"
03-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Maybe Performance Trailer should go into business with Aqua-Mania. Sounds like they have a lot in common when it comes to their business practices. I had a similar situation with Aqua-Mania not producing everything that was included in the ad. See "Taken for a ride by Aqua-Mania" in this section. Funny how these people change their tune once they have your money. Like you I have to spend more money out of my own pocket to get the things that were supposed to be included but like I said in the past, I can't blame anybody but myself for trusting them.

cabin fever
03-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Thats F-D up!

Lucky you got the carpet on the bunks!

Trojan-man
03-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Im sorry to hear that happened to you. I had a similar experience with Instigator Trailers down here in Houston, TX. wrong size tires, no led lights, wrong stand, wrong hitch. The guy already had my money and disappered, wouldn't fix chit. Now like the typical scum bag, he has closed down shop and opened a new trailer company across the street under a different name.....Buyers beware....

Clustergear
03-28-2010, 08:10 AM

I am not trying to start a pi--ing contest here but after reading post, I was surprised. I have known Bill at Performance Trailer for at least 25 years and have two of his trailers. Bill is more likely to give you something for free than charge for it. There are many people on the site that have done business and I haven't heard anything bad.

Saturday I asked Bill whats the story on this transaction. He told me the trailer was offer to the buyer at a very good price. The pictures of the trailer that are mention are from the internet, no pictures were sent to the buyer from Performance Trailer. The trailer was delivered free of charge to a dealer near where the buyer lives for ease of pick up. The buyer got to see trailer at pick up and was under no obligation to buy.

Like I said in the beginning do not what a p--- contest just posting information on other side of story. As can be read on several posts on other boating sites. The trailer was build and was not right length, the buyer made a call and Bill made right. As far as getting him personally on the phone, I have his cell phone and cell phone coverage up here stinks. I have to wait for call back.

1989272sr1
03-28-2010, 03:27 PM
To the last post I was told I was getting the trailer in the pic.I took the trailer thinking bill would make it rite and my boat was on a freinds trailer.he needed his trailer to send his boat to have the bottom fixed so that's why I took it I could not wait any longer and the delivery of the trailer was un the deal

sterndrivespec
03-28-2010, 04:47 PM
i have been buying trailers from Bill for almost 20 years and have never had any problems.good trailers at good prices.i can assure you that it was not his intention to deceive anyone.i am sure the wheels were changed a long time ago,way before this deal was made

1989272sr1
03-28-2010, 05:13 PM
A deal is a deal.I was told it had alum wheels and they where off and inside the shop so they would not get ruined do to the trailer had been sitting out side his shop for a.year

smokin' gun
03-28-2010, 07:34 PM
i can personally vouch for 272sr1 he talked to bill on the phone at my shop . bill said to go on line the guy that the trailer was built for had listed it for sale on oso. if you look on here its still in the forums with pics. he said look at those pics and thats the trailer you will be getting . well guess what because he sold the trailer for less money he took the wheels and better tires . witch is no problem if the buyer was told thats what was going to happen . and as far as the guy didnt have to take it. well it was paid for long before it got here and we thought the wheels were put on by mistake bills wife even said it happens all the time so he took the trailer and waited to talk to bill . bill never returned a call . my friend neighbor called again and bills wife simply said i spoke to bill and he said thats what your getting thats it . you got a good deal on the trailer and thats why . as far as im concerend thats a poor way to do buisness . till this day bill has never called him back . i feel partly to blame on this whole mess as this guy is my neighbor and bought this trailer on my advice . as people say their are 2 sides to every story believe what you want no one is badmouthing the trailer or workmanship just simply did not get what he was told he was getting . trailer is in my yard with chrome rims on it i can post a pic and you can see for yourself whats in this pic and the 1 still on oso and you make the call

blownincome
03-30-2010, 04:40 PM
I bought 2 trailers From Performance for my Fountains.. one was as you described A trailer that was left from a customer that had not paid for it after he ordered it.. I found the trailer on Oso also and called Performance ,the trailer I bought had Chrome Steel Wheels on it And The shots I had seen on OSO had Aluminum wheels on it When I asked about the wheels He said he had swapped them out considering the loss he had taken (What I would expect) I asked if I could Buy the ones that were on it and he let me pick out wheels I liked and sold them to me at his cost and gave me credit for the wheels he had put on!! I liked that trailer so much I bought another for my next fountain and would recomend Performance to any one! If he put Chrome Wheels on the trailer and If I know Performance You got a great deal on the trailer!!Look at the Glass half full! you got a great deal on a trailer that will serve you well for years to come .my .02
Bob

smokin' gun
03-30-2010, 06:45 PM
its 1 thing if your told upfront that the wheels are getting swapped out . we were never told of this its just not fair . by the way blownincome you know who i am you called me on my 382 fastech work @ rockingham boat we have talked before . this guy had a trailer all lined up thru 1 of our dealers alum i beam w alum wheels for less $ he asked my opinion i told him to get this instead . deal just plain wasent what it was supposed to be . picture this . buy a boat with a 500 hp in it for short money but when you pick it up its got a 502 mpi in it you ask what happend ??? salesman says hey you got a good deal on it so we swapped out the motors . kind of Exaggerated but you get the idea

1989272sr1
03-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Well I guess a deal is not a deal . I payed 400 less than I could have for a brand new all alum trailer and that had alum wheels on it. So it was not such a great deal. Also he should have called me to tell me he was taken the wheels off my trailer and putting crap wheels on it

88242LS
03-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Well I guess a deal is not a deal . I payed 400 less than I could have for a brand new all alum trailer and that had alum wheels on it. So it was not such a great deal. Also he should have called me to tell me he was taken the wheels off my trailer and putting crap wheels on it

89 have u been able to get the boat on it yet? springs a coming :drink:

1989272sr1
03-30-2010, 07:06 PM
I am going to put it on the trailer next week to have the motors put in it.

blownincome
03-31-2010, 04:58 AM
its 1 thing if your told upfront that the wheels are getting swapped out . we were never told of this its just not fair . by the way blownincome you know who i am you called me on my 382 fastech work @ rockingham boat we have talked before . this guy had a trailer all lined up thru 1 of our dealers alum i beam w alum wheels for less $ he asked my opinion i told him to get this instead . deal just plain wasent what it was supposed to be . picture this . buy a boat with a 500 hp in it for short money but when you pick it up its got a 502 mpi in it you ask what happend ??? salesman says hey you got a good deal on it so we swapped out the motors . kind of Exaggerated but you get the idea

Kind of thought it might be you..but was not sure, Hows things in the Boat Biz?? Im over at Hampton ford auto body (Seacoast collision) if you ever need anything.. Sorry to hear about how your friend feels on his Deal. I had great luck with performance trailers He really got a much better trailer in the Long run than a aluminum Ibeam (flexible flyer) had some Bad luck with those in the past !!! Bob

smokin' gun
03-31-2010, 05:53 PM
Kind of thought it might be you..but was not sure, Hows things in the Boat Biz?? Im over at Hampton ford auto body (Seacoast collision) if you ever need anything.. Sorry to hear about how your friend feels on his Deal. I had great luck with performance trailers He really got a much better trailer in the Long run than a aluminum Ibeam (flexible flyer) had some Bad luck with those in the past !!! Bob

i left my job also .i now run a cnc bridgeport @ a machine shop no more sat working always hated that part . sold the 382 and bought a really clean 312 w 496 ho.s . cant wait for first ride . anyways the trailer deal was a bummer my buddy works at rocky boat and had a trailer @ cost but i told him to get this instead . i got the trailer pics on oso [its still in the forums ]he paid bill upfront and picked it up at eastcoast flightcraft . stopped by my shop to show me and i noticed it right away no alum wheels no led lights he called from my shop and talked to bills wife . she said there was poss a mixup on the wheels happens quite often bill will call you back . till this day never talked to bill its a shame . my friends boat is yellow and red the trailer is teal green we new we were gonna paint it blk or silv and bill was supplying all new decals that didnt happen either . all in all if we new up front the outcome he would never have bouhgt this . his first year of boating with us too . oh well enough crying about this . back to boats maybe ill bump into you this summer theirs about 7-9 of us all run together all formulas usually at cranes beach or the annsquam maybe we can meet sometime

blownincome
04-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Now that we have weekends:grinser010: Sounds good!

Skullkrusher
04-02-2010, 02:16 PM
To me, the whole key is the fact that Bill never called the buyer back. Any deal can go bad, it's the follow up that makes a business good. Performance Trailer's reputation should be more valuable than a set of wheels but apparently, that is not the case.

smokin' gun
04-02-2010, 04:37 PM
you are absolutely right !!!! and bill is fully aware of this post and still never a call . i know other members have spoken to about this . funny a set of wheels is all that the guy ever wanted . in fact what he paid for and was told he was getting

RaggedEdge
04-02-2010, 08:52 PM
For what it's worth I'll comment here.

I've known "Trailer Billy", as we call him, for a lot of years now. I've had a few of his trailers, one under the Biotch right now. I've also had a bunch of other brands over the years and I'll say his stuff goes down the road with the best of them. I have also sold a bunch of Performance Trailers to customers in my part time boat selling venture, never had an unhappy customer. Something here is out of whack in my mind.

If you felt it was not what you thought the time to speak would have been when you were in the yard at East Coast to pick it up. I know the guys there, my present Fountain and Performance trailer was purchased from them, and I'm sure they have Bill's phone number, he builds a chit load of trailers for them.

I can assure you that Bill is not a disreputable individual, are you sure you understood exactly what the deal was when you bought this for less than the normal price? To compare a custom built steel trailer to a "Flexible Flyer" is simply nuts, those things are built by dozens of half-azzed companys and they are all marginal at best. Ever wonder why they are so cheap?

smokin' gun
04-03-2010, 03:19 AM
For what it's worth I'll comment here.

I've known "Trailer Billy", as we call him, for a lot of years now. I've had a few of his trailers, one under the Biotch right now. I've also had a bunch of other brands over the years and I'll say his stuff goes down the road with the best of them. I have also sold a bunch of Performance Trailers to customers in my part time boat selling venture, never had an unhappy customer. Something here is out of whack in my mind.

If you felt it was not what you thought the time to speak would have been when you were in the yard at East Coast to pick it up. I know the guys there, my present Fountain and Performance trailer was purchased from them, and I'm sure they have Bill's phone number, he builds a chit load of trailers for them.

I can assure you that Bill is not a disreputable individual, are you sure you understood exactly what the deal was when you bought this for less than the normal price? To compare a custom built steel trailer to a "Flexible Flyer" is simply nuts, those things are built by dozens of half-azzed companys and they are all marginal at best. Ever wonder why they are so cheap?

please go back and read all the posts on this .calls were made . trailer was needed as the boat was on a borrowed trailer .understood exactly what he was getting he just didnt get it .and no one says he builds a bad product the trailer is nice . by no means is anyone looking for something for nothing .only what he was told he was getting .im sure you have had good dealings with bill thats great . but it dosent mean everybody else does

GRH
04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
People like this are never happy..... consider the source.... guy buys a trailer based on a picture taken last year .... sees it in person with chrome wheels instead of the aluminum wheels that were on it in the year old picture.... buys it anyway hoping to jerk the builder around with posting BS about him on the internet.... nice guy....

GRH
04-05-2010, 10:31 AM
I've bought no less the 5 trailers from Performance since 1990....nobody, and I mean NOBODY in the marine business has worked harder to please me then Bill at Performance..... I'll take Bills word over almost anyones.... especially this guys....

1989272sr1
04-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Well a nother guy that has no clue . I was told it came with alum wheels 3 months before I picked it up .so get your facts strait.I didn't sat it was not a nice trailer it is not what I paid for and no call to see if we could do something to fix it

smokin' gun
04-05-2010, 06:51 PM
People like this are never happy..... consider the source.... guy buys a trailer based on a picture taken last year .... sees it in person with chrome wheels instead of the aluminum wheels that were on it in the year old picture.... buys it anyway hoping to jerk the builder around with posting BS about him on the internet.... nice guy....

you are so wrong !!! im guessing you either work for bill or are good friends w him . no one bought a trailer based on a pic . bought it on what was told . get your facts straight before you speak

GRH
04-06-2010, 08:00 AM
you are so wrong !!! im guessing you either work for bill or are good friends w him . no one bought a trailer based on a pic . bought it on what was told . get your facts straight before you speak

Bought it on what was told? He picked the trailer up & looked it over before he paid for it. You yourself said after he bought it you noticed the wheels were not the same....

when this guy picked up the trailer he stopped by to show it to me . the second i saw it i noticed the wheels were removed and said the guy kept the aluminum wheels

AFTER he bought it he decided, with your help, he should have gotten the wheels he saw in a picture.... he had the choice at the point of purchase to say "NO" not with out the aluminum wheels.... he took it the way it was & now comes on here trying to say he was taken advantage of.... In what way?

Am I a friend of Bill's? I hope he considers me a friend , I certainly do consider him a friend... I've bought trailers from him for over 20 yrs.... raced boats against him 20 yrs before that... He is as stand up a man as you will ever meet... but he obviously won't be, and I wouldn't be either, intimidated by a customer who bought a leftover for half price & then writes BS about me on the internet... How long did you wait for a return call before you started this thread? Oh thats right 2 days... you state that in your opening comments.....

she said bill would call me back waited 2 days

I'm guessing you plan on keeping that trailer longer then 2 days? Maybe you should have shown a little more patience instead of trying to tarnish the reputation of a guy who has spent over 30 years satisfying customers....

Skullkrusher
04-06-2010, 02:31 PM
If this was a deal with some guy off the street, I would agree with you but, this is supposedly a reputable business. The owner should have returned his call and when he did return the customer's call, he should have given him the option of returning the trailer and getting his money back or swapping the wheels out.

GRH
04-06-2010, 03:18 PM
If this was a deal with some guy off the street, I would agree with you but, this is supposedly a reputable business. The owner should have returned his call and when he did return the customer's call, he should have given him the option of returning the trailer and getting his money back or swapping the wheels out.

What are you talking about? Are you forgetting that this was a leftover custom built trailer that was built for someone elses boat.... and when it did not fit, for whatever reason, Performance made the guy a new one, delivered it and took this one back at no cost to that customer! Not a reputable business.... that's rediculous! I'm done with this argument... I won't argue with stupidity!

smokin' gun
04-06-2010, 06:22 PM
What are you talking about? Are you forgetting that this was a leftover custom built trailer that was built for someone elses boat.... and when it did not fit, for whatever reason, Performance made the guy a new one, delivered it and took this one back at no cost to that customer! Not a reputable business.... that's rediculous! I'm done with this argument... I won't argue with stupidity!

their is alot more to this deal than you know . this trailer was paid for cash w no slip . and paid for long before it was del . it was simply dropped of at a dealership and picked up by new owner . it was simply a drop off point no one to talk to . get your facts straight before you speak . bill was called several times never called back. this thread was started 3 weeks later . but i really dont think i should have to explain myself to you . the whole thing is stupid . dont tell some one it has alum wheels and change them out plain and simple . im glad he made the other guy a new trailer he screwed up he had to . hell he can still have the trailer back if he wants . by the way why do you argue when you dont even know what the deal was . you have obviously been put up to this by someone . get your facts straight before you speak you sound stupid

Skullkrusher
04-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Your qoute:
I won't argue with stupidity!

My advice:
Get rid of all the mirrors in your house.

GRH
04-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Your qoute:
I won't argue with stupidity!

My advice:
Get rid of all the mirrors in your house.

LMFAO.... good comeback...

get your facts straight before you speak you sound stupid

You can call me all the names you want.... I'm not the one that bought the trailer after seeing it with chrome wheels when I expected Aluminum wheels....

the whole thing is stupid

Look.... I really hope this guy ends up very happy with his trailer after he's had a chance to use it.... I have been with every performance trailer I ever owned.... You don't think I have my facts straight & I don't believe either you or your friend handled this situation the best possible way....

enough said....

1989272sr1
04-07-2010, 07:41 PM
All I asked for was a call from bill.still no call

JFM311
04-24-2010, 12:40 PM
He did him a favor by buying a custom trailer that didn't fit the boat it was built for--swapping the wheels off was just wrong espcially as the trailer was paid for in ADVANCE of recieving it--just my 2 cents

Plowtownmissile
04-24-2010, 10:10 PM
He did him a favor by buying a custom trailer that didn't fit the boat it was built for--swapping the wheels off was just wrong espcially as the trailer was paid for in ADVANCE of recieving it--just my 2 cents

Bingo! I don't know anyone in this thread but it seems like a ****ty deal. The seller having his wife talk to the buyer after money was exchanged instead of himself is very shady as well.

boatnt
04-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Come on guys,its the Marine business,what do you expect?

GRH
04-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Bingo! I don't know anyone in this thread but it seems like a ****ty deal. The seller having his wife talk to the buyer after money was exchanged instead of himself is very shady as well.

His wife runs the business office & answers all calls.....

GRH
04-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Come on guys,its the Marine business,what do you expect?

Let remember he could have walked away from the trailer when he went to pick it up... he saw it... he bought it after looking at it....knowing it was built for someone else... and now complains that he didn't get what he thought he was getting....he looked at the trailer before he took it home..... he could have walked away from the deal... he could have ordered exactly what he wanted.... he could have bought from someone else.... but he wants to make it sound like Performance did him wrong... no fault on his part at all.... thats just not right imo...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRH
04-26-2010, 08:47 AM
I still hope he ends up happy with the trailer....

boatnt
04-26-2010, 10:02 AM

boatnt
04-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Let remember he could have walked away from the trailer when he went to pick it up... he saw it... he bought it after looking at it....knowing it was built for someone else... and now complains that he didn't get what he thought he was getting....he looked at the trailer before he took it home..... he could have walked away from the deal... he could have ordered exactly what he wanted.... he could have bought from someone else.... but he wants to make it sound like Performance did him wrong... no fault on his part at all.... thats just not right imo...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No dog in this fight and I dont care either way,but maybe he thought Performance trailers would make it right!

lets not forget that Performance trailer was stuck with this trailer because they built the wrong trailer for the guy with the 271 over at Speedwake and if 1989272sr1 didnt buy it they would most likely be still stuck with it.

I just think Performce trailer could have tried working with 1989272sr1.
Remember the deal is good only if everyone involved is happy at the end

GRH
04-26-2010, 11:24 AM
No dog in this fight and I dont care either way,but maybe he thought Performance trailers would make it right!

lets not forget that Performance trailer was stuck with this trailer because they built the wrong trailer for the guy with the 271 over at Speedwake and if 1989272sr1 didnt buy it they would most likely be still stuck with it.

I just think Performce trailer could have tried working with 1989272sr1.
Remember the deal is good only if everyone involved is happy at the end

lets not forget he paid half price too OK?

Big Time
04-26-2010, 11:25 AM
I've had Performance do work on my trailer and always thought their service and prices were great and I would do business with them again.

I hope the two parties are able to work this one out.

bluellama
04-26-2010, 11:34 AM
It was paid for before it was delivered. Can you imagine the cluster f#@k that would have ensued if he would have sent the trailer back, then tried to get his money back.

lets not forget he paid half price too OK?

He paid the owner the price that was agreed upon after speaking to the owner. The owner accepted the price, that is not the buyer's fault.

GRH
04-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Dude what planet are you on??? It doesn't matter if he only paid $100.00 for it, he paid for it in advance, your buddy swapped the wheels on it after the picture was used to describe the "actual" trailer. Well he did not get the actual trailer in the picture!!

I have no dog in this fight but this is dirty, PERIOD. As usual cash on delivery, walk if its not what you expect. Sorry hard lesson learned. TO all the customers who had good experiences glad you did, obviously he was dirty on this deal.

Don't give me this DUDE crap .... The buyer had the opportuntiy to say no to the trailer when he went to pay for it & pick it up.... The picture that was used was not from Performance... performance never sent him any picture.... the guy that bought it originally posted the picture of it when it was delivered to him.... thats what this buyer saw.... the aluminum wheels were off this trailer when it came back to performance so they wouldn;t be stolen in the lot... he bought it after he saw what he was paying for... what planet are YOU from that you can't follow that? There was nothing dirty or underhanded here accept for buyers remorse... PERIOD!

FIRST AFENCE
04-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Don't give me this DUDE crap .... The buyer had the opportuntiy to say no to the trailer when he went to pay for it & pick it up.... The picture that was used was not from Performance... performance never sent him any picture.... the guy that bought it originally posted the picture of it when it was delivered to him.... thats what this buyer saw.... the aluminum wheels were off this trailer when it came back to performance so they wouldn;t be stolen in the lot... he bought it after he saw what he was paying for... what planet are YOU from that you can't follow that? There was nothing dirty or underhanded here accept for buyers remorse... PERIOD! EASY NOW DUDE :lolhit:

HaxbySpeed
04-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Remind me never to have GORT defend me..:angry-smiley-038: :grinser010:

smokin' gun
04-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Don't give me this DUDE crap .... The buyer had the opportuntiy to say no to the trailer when he went to pay for it & pick it up.... The picture that was used was not from Performance... performance never sent him any picture.... the guy that bought it originally posted the picture of it when it was delivered to him.... thats what this buyer saw.... the aluminum wheels were off this trailer when it came back to performance so they wouldn;t be stolen in the lot... he bought it after he saw what he was paying for... what planet are YOU from that you can't follow that? There was nothing dirty or underhanded here accept for buyers remorse... PERIOD!

this deal was dirty from the start . and still never a call from bill. this trailer was paid for long before it got delivered and yes it would have been a big mess to not accecpt the trailer and try getting money back . as i said before and should not have to repeat myself we were told to look at the pic on line that was posted by orig buyer who is a oso member bill stated thats the trailer you will be getting . as a matter of fact we spoke to the other member whomn it was built for several times and he said when he got it it had the wheels on it then . because they didnt get full tilt for the trailer they were swapped out . now you can defend you buddy bill all you want but what he did is wrong period !!!. and if you know him so well tell him to give a call and straighten it out . dont you find it odd he knows this thread is here and still doesnt call ??? what in the world could he poss say . dah !!! he was called several times all we ever got to talk to was the wife . bill is wrong on this period !!!!! great way to run a buisness

Donziweasel
04-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Gort, what part of 'it was paid for in advance" do you not get? You keep saying he had the option of saying no when he went to pick it up AND pay for it.

You can't fix stupid I guess.

TEAMBAJA
04-26-2010, 06:15 PM
It was paid for before it was delivered. Can you imagine the cluster f#@k that would have ensued if he would have sent the trailer back, then tried to get his money back.

He paid the owner the price that was agreed upon after speaking to the owner. The owner accepted the price, that is not the buyer's fault.

I read this thread out of pure boredom.

bluellama has some good points. He would probably be out the $2k that he originally put down on the trailer if he backed out of the deal.

Next, if you are Bill, why take a chance on ruining your reputation over a set of rims? Kind of mind boggling that he wont return any calls and get this sorted out. If Bill feels he is right, why wont he call and explain his side of the story.

Next, is GORT really Bill? Ive never seen anyone get so bent out of shape over someone elses deal gone bad. :confused:

smokin' gun
04-26-2010, 06:33 PM
I read this thread out of pure boredom.

bluellama has some good points. He would probably be out the $2k that he originally put down on the trailer if he backed out of the deal.

Next, if you are Bill, why take a chance on ruining your reputation over a set of rims? Kind of mind boggling that he wont return any calls and get this sorted out. If Bill feels he is right, why wont he call and explain his side of the story.

Next, is GORT really Bill? Ive never seen anyone get so bent out of shape over someone elses deal gone bad. :confused:

GOOD POINT
i agree gort is prob bill that is why he seems to know so much about this deal . i cant for the life of me see why he is so concerned . if he is not bill im guessing he knows him very well by the way he defends him

smokin' gun
04-26-2010, 06:55 PM
heres the trailer in question . the pic bill said to look at and this is what you will be getting . spoken in those exact words
once again trailer was paid for in advance and simply dropped at another dealers shop . they del a load of trailers and this was on the bottom . no one to argue with or talk to call was made bills wife simply stated poss the wrong wheels were put on it happens all the time . end of story many calls made none returned after weeks not days . then this thread started . and yes as gort stated trailer at half price . wheels changed out = total wrong color . boat is red and yellow . it should have been a deal

smokin' gun
04-26-2010, 07:27 PM

if the wheels were removed so they didnt get stolen then why were they not put back on when this guy bought it . you just stated in you own words they were on their when it was sold to the other guy . WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON thats plain wrong to do. face it they didnt get full tilt for the trailer and they robbed the wheels to make up for it .im just gonna love to here how you explain this GORT since you seem to know so much about this deal

88242LS
04-26-2010, 07:46 PM
OK, time to chime in again,

Fastek, the trailer still was a deal and with that said let 89272 fight his fight, I'm not looking start anything with you, me and you have spoke before on a 272 a cpl years ago and you are a gentlmen, so I'm not looking to get into anything with you....:grinser010:

I spoke with 89272 before this thread, I told him what I thought, I also spoke to Bill a few weeks ago, and I expressed to him my thought also, there really was a breakdown in communication with this, I do not know the conversation between the two parties, yes thats my pic 2 years ago, was anything else as far as wheels and "that pic thats what you get" I don't know, either way both parties need to talk and figure this out, I take Bill as someone who goes the extra mile to satisfy, maybe not here, not sure,

also when I spoke to 89272 it came off to me as there were ugly steel wheels on this trailer, Bill told me there were new tires and rims but YES they were a differant style then what is in my picture does that make it right,,, well not really but I just wanted to let everyone know that, I gotta say my personal expirence with Bill is nothing but 100% positive and I would buy again in a heatbeat,

I just want to make it clear that I'm not choosing sides and both guys know I expressed my displeasure with this deal, really it should be a sweet deal for both guys,

89272 did you get the boat out yet? post some pics I am curious if you have the boat I tried buying a cpl years ago Now lets go boating:drink:

88242LS
04-26-2010, 07:50 PM
if the wheels were removed so they didnt get stolen then why were they not put back on when this guy bought it . you just stated in you own words they were on their when it was sold to the other guy . WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON thats plain wrong to do. face it they didnt get full tilt for the trailer and they robbed the wheels to make up for it .im just gonna love to here how you explain this GORT since you seem to know so much about this deal

the guy lost alsmot 2k on this trailer I don't think $200 rims would make a differance at that point, but I could be wrong

GRH
04-27-2010, 08:25 AM
DUDE, DUDE, DAH, DUDE DUDE DUDE, DA DUDE DUDE,

or are you BILL, BILL, DUDE, BILL, BILL

By your own words, the wheels were swapped for what ever reason, so I guess they wern't stolen on the lot they were stolen in the shop. Paid for in advance, or can you not understand that!!

DIRTY, DIRTY, DA DIRTY, YOUR JUST ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG AND YOUR RIGHT.

I have nothing in this and I can see its dirty.

I'm guessing you're what, maybe 16 or 18 yrs old?

GOOD POINT
i agree gort is prob bill that is why he seems to know so much about this deal . i cant for the life of me see why he is so concerned . if he is not bill im guessing he knows him very well by the way he defends him

Yeah.... I know him very well... he is one of my best friends.... if you read all the prior posts thouroughly you would have already been aware of that... but you only want to believe your friends storey... there are no 2 sides in your opinion... and I will defend him when he is attacked unjustly as he has been here.... just like you're defending your buddy....

GRH
04-27-2010, 08:56 AM
OK, time to chime in again,

Fastek, the trailer still was a deal and with that said let 89272 fight his fight, I'm not looking start anything with you, me and you have spoke before on a 272 a cpl years ago and you are a gentlmen, so I'm not looking to get into anything with you....:grinser010:

I spoke with 89272 before this thread, I told him what I thought, I also spoke to Bill a few weeks ago, and I expressed to him my thought also, there really was a breakdown in communication with this, I do not know the conversation between the two parties, yes thats my pic 2 years ago, was anything else as far as wheels and "that pic thats what you get" I don't know, either way both parties need to talk and figure this out, I take Bill as someone who goes the extra mile to satisfy, maybe not here, not sure,

also when I spoke to 89272 it came off to me as there were ugly steel wheels on this trailer, Bill told me there were new tires and rims but YES they were a differant style then what is in my picture does that make it right,,, well not really but I just wanted to let everyone know that, I gotta say my personal expirence with Bill is nothing but 100% positive and I would buy again in a heatbeat,

I just want to make it clear that I'm not choosing sides and both guys know I expressed my displeasure with this deal, really it should be a sweet deal for both guys,

89272 did you get the boat out yet? post some pics I am curious if you have the boat I tried buying a cpl years ago Now lets go boating:drink:

Well said & a reasonable summation....

smokin' gun
04-27-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm guessing you're what, maybe 16 or 18 yrs old?

Yeah.... I know him very well... he is one of my best friends.... if you read all the prior posts thouroughly you would have already been aware of that... but you only want to believe your friends storey... there are no 2 sides in your opinion... and I will defend him when he is attacked unjustly as he has been here.... just like you're defending your buddy....

i know the exact story start to finish . it had alum wheels on it when sold now they are gone why ???? what in the world dont you understand about it why were they removed ???? and why never a call back from your good buddy bill in reguards to the wheels . just answer those 2 questions . defend him all you want i dont blame you he is your friend . but plain and simple dont avoid the question