Formula 255 Liberator

Notices
Formula

Formula 255 Liberator

Old 03-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula 255 Liberator

starting a thread for my 1979 255 project. post pics and info if any one else has one that needs reference. all the other threads seem to be getting old.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered

well damnit can't post any pics with the freebie membership. wait till tomorrow to upgrade
Old 03-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About this whole Formula Liberator thing.... did Fromula sell the rights to the Liberator name to Four Winns? Did Formula sell the molds to Four Winns?

Maybe there's no connection but I've always wondered.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

I had one sitting in my shop for the last 10 yrs,just about everything on it is new or rebuilt..Now if i can collect some of the storage and labor owed ill finish it and post pic's...If he dont pay up then im taking a chainsaw to it......
Old 03-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
About this whole Formula Liberator thing.... did Fromula sell the rights to the Liberator name to Four Winns? Did Formula sell the molds to Four Winns?

Maybe there's no connection but I've always wondered.
I don't think there is any connection. There used to be few liberators (four winns) on our lake. The four winn factory is about 40 minutes away. To me they were just a four winns sundowner models with a set back windshield, a rear bench seat and thru hull exhaust- nothing special.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
20 215 Sundowner (p20).pdf (95.1 KB, 618 views)
File Type: pdf
33 ... Features (p33).pdf (79.3 KB, 169 views)

Last edited by endeavour32; 03-19-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavour32
To me they were just a four winns sundowner models with a set back windshield, a rear bench seat and thru hull exhaust- nothing special.
I wouldn't call a 4W Lib, "nothing special." They are great riding, well built sport boats, even by today's standards. Just like a Formula, I'd take an older, well maintained Liberator over a lot of the newer stuff out there today costing way more. A Sea Ray Pachanga is another one I'd add to that list.

OK, back on topic........LOL.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by BowenCT
I wouldn't call a 4W Lib, "nothing special." They are great riding, well built sport boats, even by today's standards. Just like a Formula, I'd take an older, well maintained Liberator over a lot of the newer stuff out there today costing way more. A Sea Ray Pachanga is another one I'd add to that list.

OK, back on topic........LOL.
I don't think a four winns liberator is even close to the standards of a formula. Winns used an all plywood floor that rots out, i've seen cracked hulls, ect. There are lots of 4 wins around here. lol, I stand by nothing special. Pachanga's had a bad problem with the gel coat peeling off the hull (delaminating).
Old 03-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Registered

Never did I say a Lib is a Formula. However, I've always liked the Libs I've come across. All good, man.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Registered

here is some pics for now. hopefully kaamaman and i will start next weekend putting the core back in the transom.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Registered

no pics yet. haven't had too much time with it. tore down the outdrives to replace the impellors and a oil seal.take a little time to paint them up with something shiny. my dad has been doing alot of work on grinding the old wood off the transom. still have lots more to tackle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.