Vortech flame arrestor ??? >

Vortech flame arrestor ???

Notices

Vortech flame arrestor ???

Old 03-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech flame arrestor ???

Anyone know where I can get the replacement filter for the Vortech Flame arrestor for a 454 mag mpi/efi or 502 mag mpi/efi..
I tried Vortech and they suck..no help at all, they keep steering me to companies that can't even get the filters at all from Vortech. How do they even stay in business with that kind of customer service..
Looks like a strike out with K&N too..
NEED HELP........
Old 03-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Registered

Try talking to Bob Endress. I talked with him years ago, he ran the Vortech performance dept. at the time. I was treated very nice
Old 03-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one, but I'm using it as a mock-up to make a better filter... What do you want to pay for one? It's not perfect, but it's not bad... I'd sell it to you when I'm done mocking it up if you want it (or I might be able to use your old one, if it isn't that bad).

The mock-up I'm trying to make is for something that is more of a gaffring type screen element... If you remember a while back a bunch of people were complaining that K&N's were power losers, so I'm designing a housing based off of the vortec model that uses something more like a gaffiring element (screen type).
Old 03-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Teague I just bought 2 filters for my 500 from them.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Bob Endress with Vorteh is a complete JERK-OFF. He is lazy and rude. Vortec does NOT have a customer service at all. I bought a used Vortech and they would not help me with anything because I wasnt there dealer. All I needed was a replacement inner cooler.

I like that Vortech dont get me wrong, it has been a solid supercharger, but they company is just horrible. I am glad to hear I am the only person that has had problems with them.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered

Default tried bob E...... no help at all

I tried Bob E at Vortech but i must be a hassle for him since it;s just 2- filters.. Too bad I like the breathers and would tell others but when you can't get service why bother.....
Old 03-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silent lucidity
I tried Bob E at Vortech but i must be a hassle for him since it;s just 2- filters.. Too bad I like the breathers and would tell others but when you can't get service why bother.....
Adrain at Teague he was great help.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Registered

Default Vortech Arrester filters

Contact Vortech directly 805-247-0226 ask for sales or service.
The part number you need is 8H040-150. They are in stock and retail for 48.95 plus shipping.

Vortech refers customers to our dealers because they are generally better suited to service/ship replacement parts to retail customers. However if there is a problem with getting service parts we will always help the customer get the parts they need.

We are always available directly for technical assistance for new or pre-owned Vortech parts. See phone number below.

This policy goes for customers that have new parts as well as used Vortech parts.

As far as all the smack talk on this thread. If anyone has a problem with me they are free to call me on my mobile phone anytime and get it sorted out.
661-510-2216

Boat safe!
Bob Endress
Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Registered

Default no smack here

Originally Posted by Vortech
Contact Vortech directly 805-247-0226 ask for sales or service.
The part number you need is 8H040-150. They are in stock and retail for 48.95 plus shipping.

Vortech refers customers to our dealers because they are generally better suited to service/ship replacement parts to retail customers. However if there is a problem with getting service parts we will always help the customer get the parts they need.

We are always available directly for technical assistance for new or pre-owned Vortech parts. See phone number below.

This policy goes for customers that have new parts as well as used Vortech parts.

As far as all the smack talk on this thread. If anyone has a problem with me they are free to call me on my mobile phone anytime and get it sorted out.
661-510-2216

Boat safe!
Bob Endress
Not smacking you down my friend, just needed some help and was trying to find a part without being given names of companies that tell me that they couldn't get the part either. My time is valuable too. May want to check with your suppliers, just passing it on....
Frankly, I like the unit, and have told others too. I just needed parts for it. I have since called Vortech back 3rd time and someone there was able to help me. I since ordered 2, I'll just wait and hope its the right part. Going on defence is not the answer, but correcting the offense brings the gold.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Any possible chance you still have the filter? Looking for one complete even if filter element is wrecked.