Painting leather?

Notices
Formula

Painting leather?

Old 03-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting leather?

I remember seeing on one of the muscle car shows on Spike a product for painting leather upholstry. It was basically a rattle can and was supposed to work really good. On my little 223 the two arm pad things on the sides need a touch up. The white on the very back sections has turned a greenish tint. They are only for show and not used as arm rests. I thought this would be a cheap solution to make it look better. The sections are small but I'd have to reach way up inside the storage sections along the sides to unbolt the pads in order to take them off and re-upholster them and it will be a real pain. I just thought this might be a cheap option if it works well. I'd simply tape everthing off and paint the two small sections white again. I guess it can't hurt, worst case scenerio I still pull them off and redo them if the paint doesn't work. Has anyone used leather paint, or heard any stories of it? Is there any other options I can brush on or apply without having to take everything off?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They used to do that at the used car lots back in early 80's, never lasted long, just a quick cosmetic fix. color never matched perfect either. just my 2 cents

Jeff
Old 03-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

have used a product called Sem on vinyl for years still looks great and holds up well. Bruce 5197912790