mallory ign. boxes (any good?) >

mallory ign. boxes (any good?)

Notices

mallory ign. boxes (any good?)

Old 04-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts
Default mallory ign. boxes (any good?)

just wondering if the mallory ignition boxes are any good or if anyone has any experience with them? i've been doing a little research lately and am a little up in the air on what route to go. looking at crane and msd also. i just want good spark, reliability and not have to pay a fortune. lol..

thanks,
john
Old 04-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ran mallory in my top sportsman car for a bit, box was fine, had issues with the pickup in the dist...just like msd...crank trigger turned out to be the only cure..cheap chinese parts and both mallory and msd use the same junk there... for just good spark run a H/P hei....can't beat them
Old 04-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
ran mallory in my top sportsman car for a bit, box was fine, had issues with the pickup in the dist...just like msd...crank trigger turned out to be the only cure..cheap chinese parts and both mallory and msd use the same junk there... for just good spark run a H/P hei....can't beat them
H/P = meaning the DUI ones that are available? Or is there another type available?
Thanks,
John
This was kind of my thought also as far as going with HEI. I see way to many threads concerning ign. issues with all the others.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

several co.s making high performance HEI's DUI is one of them, I have ran a couple makes, all been great, running a engine works right now, great thing about them, if you have a failure, any auto parts store can get you running with a module or coil...
Old 04-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Check out the crane box. I just got mine yesterday and it looks great. Everything is plug and play for the thunderbolt ignition plus it has a rev limiter which I like, as well as 8 different advance curves. If you interested let me know, I'll bring it over and you can check it out.

When I talked to Bob on this issue, he said the Thunderbolt distributer with the crane box was his suggestion. I had a blank slate and could have used anything.

Last edited by endeavour32; 04-08-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Check out the crane box. I just got mine yesterday and it looks great. Everything is plug and play for the thunderbolt ignition plus it has a rev limiter which I like, as well as 8 different advance curves. If you interested let me know, I'll bring it over and you can check it out.

When I talked to Bob on this issue, he said the Thunderbolt distributer with the crane box was his suggestion. I had a blank slate and could have used anything.
That isn't what I really wanted to hear. I just sold all my TB ign's.

Now I'm starting out with -0- lol...
Old 04-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by endeavour32

Spoke with crane a few months ago, thy said they were out of stock and were not making that box anymore! what source did you use?
Old 04-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

ok just spoke with crane,theirs a new hi6m in the makings,wont be available until next spring..

look into the digital 6 al,,you can program all your timing curves in with a laptop,once you sync your distributors every thing is done through the laptop program..
Old 04-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I picked up mine NOS on Ebay.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered

Mike,
What model did you get?
Thanks,
John
PS don't look out your window. It's depressing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.