1998 454 MPI exhaust >

1998 454 MPI exhaust

Notices

1998 454 MPI exhaust

Old 04-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 454 MPI exhaust

I have stock exhaust with a silent choice set up. I would like to up grade, my question is I would like to keep my silent choice, that must limit my options, do they make a header or manifold that would work?

thanx
Old 04-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by bert4332
I have stock exhaust with a silent choice set up. I would like to up grade, my question is I would like to keep my silent choice, that must limit my options, do they make a header or manifold that would work?

thanx
all the after market offer a silent choice riser,eddie marine,imco,stainless marine just to name a few offer a performance style manifold and silent choice riser..
Old 04-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
all the after market offer a silent choice riser,eddie marine,imco,stainless marine just to name a few offer a performance style manifold and silent choice riser..
Not Stellings!

Mrfixxal is right, they just about all make systems that would work. Keep in mind though, if you have the 310HP MPI, there isnt much to gain by switching to a header or performance manifold.

Best bang for the buck is finding a pair of used take off 496 ALUMINUM manifolds. They switched back to iron manifolds, but there were a few years (02-05??) that they used aluminum manifolds with a dry joint riser. These flow pretty good, and would be a great upgrade over your wet joint manifolds. Flow better, less weight, work with silent choice, no leaky wet joints to smoke your motor, and usually you can find 4 manifolds and elbows for 1/4 of what one set of new CMI would cost....
Old 04-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Not Stellings!

Mrfixxal is right, they just about all make systems that would work. Keep in mind though, if you have the 310HP MPI, there isnt much to gain by switching to a header or performance manifold.

Best bang for the buck is finding a pair of used take off 496 ALUMINUM manifolds. They switched back to iron manifolds, but there were a few years (02-05??) that they used aluminum manifolds with a dry joint riser. These flow pretty good, and would be a great upgrade over your wet joint manifolds. Flow better, less weight, work with silent choice, no leaky wet joints to smoke your motor, and usually you can find 4 manifolds and elbows for 1/4 of what one set of new CMI would cost....
I have a Magnum, 385hp, Corsa SC,and I want to buy used for sure. Is there a specific part # or name of the riser that would fit? I have a single engine so I only need a pair. What would be a price range for a used pair? What type of HP gain would I expect with the swap?

Something like this for the risers?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...657-parts.html

And this for the exhaust?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...m-headers.html

thanx again!

Last edited by bert4332; 04-12-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:08 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You might gain 15hp and maybe 1mph.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
You might gain 15hp and maybe 1mph.
Niice! I was hoping for double that!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Not Stellings!

you wanna bet!! check your email ..
Old 04-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by bert4332
I have a Magnum, 385hp, Corsa SC,and I want to buy used for sure. Is there a specific part # or name of the riser that would fit? I have a single engine so I only need a pair. What would be a price range for a used pair? What type of HP gain would I expect with the swap?

Something like this for the risers?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...657-parts.html

And this for the exhaust?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...m-headers.html

thanx again!
thease from eddie marine woud be the silent choice style,i like theirs because the riser has a longer inner tube which hepls stop reversion..most others are the same legnth inner and outter..

http://eddiemarine.com/store/cart.ph...l&p=13076&c=63