Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
TRS oil cooler/Thermo - line routing??? >

TRS oil cooler/Thermo - line routing???

Notices

TRS oil cooler/Thermo - line routing???

Old 04-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts
Default TRS oil cooler/Thermo - line routing???

I am in need of a little help with the oil line routing on my TRS set up. I am using the 13 plate housing coolers (port side) with Merc remote thermostat/filter (rear head mount) with a Moroso block adapters.

Any pics of your set up would be helpful also. I am ready to make my oil lines up and don't want any mistakes. LOL...

Thanks a lot.
John
Old 04-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Registered

Anyone??? Just don't want to screw this up.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Registered

I need to order my AN fittings so I can rap this part of the project up. Any pics or knowledge of would be great. Otherwise is there a website that would be helpful?
Thanks,
John
Old 04-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Try Bam Marines web site. I bet the parts area has the pictures that you need.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I am not that familiar with the Merc. filter mount/thermostat. I use the Hardin Marine one. I go from the outlet on the oil filter adapter on the bottom of the block to the inlet of the filter/thermostat. Then a hose go from the filter/thermostat to the bottom of the cooler. You want to go into the bottom of the cooler so you fill it from the bottom up to prevent any air pockets. Then come out of the top of the cooler and back into the Merc. filter/thermo. At that point the oil should go through the filter. It should then come out of the filter/thermo. and back into the oil filter adapter on the bottom of the block.
If you are confused about what is in and out....the oil will enter the filter from around the sides and come out through the center. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else. You can reach me ANYTIME at 615-216-7449 (shop). Good luck.
Eddie
Old 04-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy them here they are almost half the price
http://www.aeroquip.cc/index.aspx
Old 04-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I am not that familiar with the Merc. filter mount/thermostat. I use the Hardin Marine one. I go from the outlet on the oil filter adapter on the bottom of the block to the inlet of the filter/thermostat. Then a hose go from the filter/thermostat to the bottom of the cooler. You want to go into the bottom of the cooler so you fill it from the bottom up to prevent any air pockets. Then come out of the top of the cooler and back into the Merc. filter/thermo. At that point the oil should go through the filter. It should then come out of the filter/thermo. and back into the oil filter adapter on the bottom of the block.
If you are confused about what is in and out....the oil will enter the filter from around the sides and come out through the center. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else. You can reach me ANYTIME at 615-216-7449 (shop). Good luck.
Eddie
Thanks Eddie,
I hate to bother you with one more thing however is there a way to be certain on the inlet and outlet on the filter/thermostat ports on the oil filter adapter. I can obviously tell them apart from the other two ports but because of not using these before I am not certain of the in and out. I'm not looking at it at the moment however I would assume the inlet would be the port that you would see the spring and a portion of the stat. Or am I incorrect on that assumption?

Thanks again,
John
Old 04-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey John, I am not sure off the top of my head. Post a pic of the one you have. I have several different ones here, so maybe i have the same one and I can look at it and tell what is what.
Eddie
Old 04-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Hey John, I am not sure off the top of my head. Post a pic of the one you have. I have several different ones here, so maybe i have the same one and I can look at it and tell what is what.
Eddie

That would be great. I'll snap a pic this evening and post it. Thanks very much for your help and understanding. If I plumbed these a little more often it would be much easier. I just don't want to guess at any of it considering...

Thanks again,
John
Old 04-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

pm me your email and i'll send you some detailed pics.