Old 04-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts
Default I found a nice article on SOS

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Seriousoffshore.com To Expand Editorial in 2010
Written by Matt Trulio
Friday, 15 January 2010 17:36

In a little more than a year, seriousoffshore.com has grown from a fledgling website started by high-performance boat enthusiasts Chris Sunkin, Craig Hall, Ted Ginnity and Nick Kamenszky to the strongest high-performance marine site in existence. Driven primarily by compelling message boards, seriousoffshore.com has become the place for intelligent, civil discussion on every conceivable subject in the go-fast boating world.

That’s because so many of the site’s members are more than enthusiasts. Many of them work, or have worked, in the high-performance powerboat world and are experts in their fields. In short, seriousoffshore.com has the kind of resources it takes to grow from being an outstanding forum for discussion to a broader—and equally outstanding—online editorial product.

“The members we have on this board—we couldn’t possibly pay them enough for their talent, expertise and knowledge,” Sunkin told me earlier today. “And they are generous enough to want to share all of it.”

To that end, Sunkin said seriousoffshore.com will expand its editorial offerings in 2010. While the form of that expansion is far from final, it likely will include daily and weekly blogs, interactive online features, exclusive video segments and a real-time, technical “question-and-answer” section. And those are just a few of the ideas Sunkin and his team are working on.

Do I believe in the future of seriousoffshore.com? Absolutely—so much for that I have agreed to work with principals in an editorial capacity, from helping new blog writers “find their voices” to creating original content.

I love to finish the week with good news. And the future of seriousoffshore.com is very good news''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Wow.

Wonder if they will have a follow up article on why the people who started SOS are no longer there?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man good read you really don't give up do you? The other 10 threads about SOS were not enough? I don't know Chris but SOS is cool the people are cool same as here it's about boating not drama...
Old 04-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Seriousoffshore.com To Expand Editorial in 2010
Written by Matt Trulio
Friday, 15 January 2010 17:36

In a little more than a year, seriousoffshore.com has grown from a fledgling website started by high-performance boat enthusiasts Chris Sunkin, Craig Hall, Ted Ginnity and Nick Kamenszky to the strongest high-performance marine site in existence. Driven primarily by compelling message boards, seriousoffshore.com has become the place for intelligent, civil discussion on every conceivable subject in the go-fast boating world.

That’s because so many of the site’s members are more than enthusiasts. Many of them work, or have worked, in the high-performance powerboat world and are experts in their fields. In short, seriousoffshore.com has the kind of resources it takes to grow from being an outstanding forum for discussion to a broader—and equally outstanding—online editorial product.

“The members we have on this board—we couldn’t possibly pay them enough for their talent, expertise and knowledge,” Sunkin told me earlier today. “And they are generous enough to want to share all of it.”

To that end, Sunkin said seriousoffshore.com will expand its editorial offerings in 2010. While the form of that expansion is far from final, it likely will include daily and weekly blogs, interactive online features, exclusive video segments and a real-time, technical “question-and-answer” section. And those are just a few of the ideas Sunkin and his team are working on.

Do I believe in the future of seriousoffshore.com? Absolutely—so much for that I have agreed to work with principals in an editorial capacity, from helping new blog writers “find their voices” to creating original content.

I love to finish the week with good news. And the future of seriousoffshore.com is very good news''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Wow.

Wonder if they will have a follow up article on why the people who started SOS are no longer there?

That article is absolute blasphemy! Without OSD's direction, Alec's money and Jayboat/Sharkey's photos that site would have never succeeded! Atleast from what I have read here on the subject over the past few days some would be led to believe that is how it went down!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Registered

This whole situation reminds me a show that I was watching a while back. A man is cheating on his wife at home in their own bed. He's caught Red Handed in bed with another woman when the wife comes home early. The wife goes wild yelling at the husband, "How could you do this to me, How could you do this?"

The husband looks at his wife and says, "What? What are you talking about?"

The wife continues to scream about him cheating on her while the woman he was cheating with calmly gets out of bed, puts on her clothes and walks out of the bedroom. The man also calmly gets dressed, makes the bed and turns to his wife and says, "What woman honey? There is no other woman here! Are you feeling ok?"

The woman looks around and sees that the bed is made, her husband is fully dressed and there is no sign that another woman had ever been there. Point is, Liars lie. When caught red handed cheating, they just tell more lies.

The very people mentioned in this story who created SOS have to feel just like that woman. They caught Chris red handed trying to chat a kid's charity out of money, and they all walked from SOS because of it, and they all agree that the guy was a pathological liar, yet they see people on these boards continue to support CS exactly because he is such a persistent liar, who when caught in lie after lie (in his own words) just tells more lies, and gets away with it.

I do wonder if they will do a follow up story. I'd pay to read that.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
This whole situation reminds me a show that I was watching a while back. A man is cheating on his wife at home in their own bed. He's caught Red Handed in bed with another woman when the wife comes home early. The wife goes wild yelling at the husband, "How could you do this to me, How could you do this?"

The husband looks at his wife and says, "What? What are you talking about?"

The wife continues to scream about him cheating on her while the woman he was cheating with calmly gets out of bed, puts on her clothes and walks out of the bedroom. The man also calmly gets dressed, makes the bed and turns to his wife and says, "What woman honey? There is no other woman here! Are you feeling ok?"

The woman looks around and sees that the bed is made, her husband is fully dressed and there is no sign that another woman had ever been there. Point is, Liars lie. When caught red handed cheating, they just tell more lies.

The very people mentioned in this story who created SOS have to feel just like that woman. They caught Chris red handed trying to chat a kid's charity out of money, and they all walked from SOS because of it, and they all agree that the guy was a pathological liar, yet they see people on these boards continue to support CS exactly because he is such a persistent liar, who when caught in lie after lie (in his own words) just tells more lies, and gets away with it.

I do wonder if they will do a follow up story. I'd pay to read that.
perfect assessment.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Great post, Robert. A lot of people just don't seem to get it, or don't want to. That's ok. Those that were involved and were actually doing work behind the scenes get it. And they care.

Here's an interesting image, sent to me last night by a Chris Sunkin fan.

I just posted it on the main forum over there and asked Chris Sunkin if he has nothing to hide, why did he alter this document. (it was emailed by him to Alec) Wonder if I will get a reply.

The full size image is here: http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1...eredproof1.jpg

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I was asked to be a blogger over there and was (and still am) looking forward to doing it. Does that make me bad or wrong?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Registered

IMO if you looked at the whole picture and decided that Chris did nothing wrong - then of course not.

I don't see how anyone could do that but to each his own. If on the other hand you agree that he's a pathological lier and you still want to post over there. That's enabling him and I don't get why anyone would do that.

Last edited by Marginmn; 04-29-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I was asked to be a blogger over there and was (and still am) looking forward to doing it. Does that make me bad or wrong?
Not to me it doesn't anyone can choose to view or participate anywhere they like. This isn't about SO per say, this is about Chris sunkin being a liar and a thief. I'm chatting with a friend in emails now that posts over there.

The correlation is, that as long as a known liar,thief and con is the owner of that site, it will always have that stigma. would you invite that guy to your house for dinner? Just think about who you choose to hang with, let your own conscience be your guide. You are still welcome at my table for beers
Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I disagree Margin. As has been stated before in one of the OTHER threads...it's a nice community over there. I don't know Chris...saw him on a dock at Michigan City last year and said hello. He's opened a window of opportunity for me that I'm pretty excited about.

Oh...and my only other association with him was positive to the extreme. When my friend Brian (Straight Jacket) was killed last fall, Chris contacted me about getting a picture to him that would be displayed at the Serious party in KW in a place of honor on the bar. He then sent a pic of that to Brian's dad. IMO...that's pretty classy.

And that's good OSD, cuz I get thirsty.

Last edited by sommerfliesby; 04-29-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.