Newbe to go fasts >

Newbe to go fasts

Notices

Newbe to go fasts

Old 04-30-2010, 04:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbe to go fasts

Hey, how is everyone. I currently have a 23ft proline and do not fish enough to jusify having a fishing boat. 99% of our boating is running to the gravel beach and back. So i want something that will do that faster and look alot better. I am trying to stay somewhat close to 20K, I have been looking at baja 272, and velocity 260. just wondering if there are any ups ad down for these boat or if there are any other boats you would recomend. thank you
Old 04-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would look for a late 90's Checkmate Convincor, Powerquest Legend or Baja 25-27 foot. You should be able to get something decent on a trailer for around $20k. Make sure you have it surveyed!!
Old 05-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well is there anything i should look for when looking at these boats? anything to avoid? i know a decent amount about fishing boats, and mine currently has a 5.7 mercruiser so i know about cruiser type boats but are there anything different about faster boats that i should make sure my next one should have?