performance fuel pump relay? >

performance fuel pump relay?

Notices

performance fuel pump relay?

Old 05-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance fuel pump relay?

Just wondering if there is a or who makes the best relays? I got a napa 15 amp relay for my aeromotive fuel pump and one time I had to tap on it to turn my fuel pump on and I'm worried it may happen when I'm cruising and end up leaning my motor out or leave me dead in the water.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:46 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Might want to find out how many amps the pump draws under load and go a bit more with the relay just to be safe.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckyarus
Just wondering if there is a or who makes the best relays? I got a napa 15 amp relay for my aeromotive fuel pump and one time I had to tap on it to turn my fuel pump on and I'm worried it may happen when I'm cruising and end up leaning my motor out or leave me dead in the water.
These are a great setup, and either alone can more than handle what you have, so you have two relays working at 1/2 or less load which allows them to last much longer. Plus they are in parrallel. so if one does crap out you wont even know it. Throw out the 15 amp relay from napa. Put these in and dont look back.

I use them on all the aeormotive systems.

http://www.product-engr.com/pe_1050.htm