Cabin carpet - Dye POSSIBLE >

Cabin carpet - Dye POSSIBLE

Notices

Cabin carpet - Dye POSSIBLE

Old 05-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1,481 Likes on 802 Posts
Default Cabin carpet - Dye POSSIBLE

I have alomost new carpet in the cuddy of the boat. I would like to change it all out however time is narrowing that I have to do so. I am basically looking at the just the cuddy sides and under the bed and what's under my couches. It is a real shallow, tight loop style. Is it possible to spray it with a dye. It would be only where there is no traffic etc. The floor I plan to replace with new and if there was a contrast due to color match etc. I could get away with it.

Any Ideas or opinions???
Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I have alomost new carpet in the cuddy of the boat. I would like to change it all out however time is narrowing that I have to do so. I am basically looking at the just the cuddy sides and under the bed and what's under my couches. It is a real shallow, tight loop style. Is it possible to spray it with a dye. It would be only where there is no traffic etc. The floor I plan to replace with new and if there was a contrast due to color match etc. I could get away with it.

Any Ideas or opinions???
Absoultly possible. Done in cars all the time...Pretty much any auto parts store should have it in aresol cans. It is the same stuff that is used for Vinyl. Some brands even call it vinyl, carpet, plastic dye/paint.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:14 AM
Registered

Received 1,481 Likes on 802 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Absoultly possible. Done in cars all the time...Pretty much any auto parts store should have it in aresol cans. It is the same stuff that is used for Vinyl. Some brands even call it vinyl, carpet, plastic dye/paint.
I didn't know if that would be as good or better than the kind that you mix with water and spray it on like with a small weed sprayer and then brush it in. There are some utube links promoting there product and it looked OK. I'll check with the auto parts store in regards to getting the stuff your talking about in quarts so I can run it through my gun.

Thanks.
John