Bad day on the water for 1 motor >

Bad day on the water for 1 motor

Notices

Bad day on the water for 1 motor

Old 05-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad day on the water for 1 motor

1 of my hp 500s took a chit,First time in and was just ideling and noticed 1 motor was vibrating badly so i got to my docks on the other motor then re started the one that was vibrating and wow it was real bad now and then it puked white milk shake out the one breather tube all over the carb and arreseter. Pulled dip stick way over full and looks like a white shake. Must of broke something in motor and then left the water in. Just got done putting them back in the boat on friday and now this. well i guess ill pull it back out tomorrow and tear it down and see what broke just in time to miss memorioal weekend.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Oh man,
I feel for you. Been there before many years ago. I thought you just went through the valvetrain or did you have both of them torn down and rebuilt. I must have missed some of the earlier post regarding your cam degreeing and reversion issue. Did it sound like a bearing or more of just a vibrating. If the heads were off did you use the correct head gaskets? Keep us posted. Definately appears your taking in a ton of water.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could it be water from the exhaust?If you had a riser go bad could have been running on one bank.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Registered

Tearing down today ill keep you all posted. Thanks
Old 05-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

man, that really sucks to hear. But its still early. Get workin and tear them babys down. How far was the oil level on dipstick? (how much water)
Old 05-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
man, that really sucks to hear. But its still early. Get workin and tear them babys down. How far was the oil level on dipstick? (how much water)
8 10 inches up not good
Old 05-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Registered

Im free, give me a call to give you a hand, let me know. Ill call Wally and see if he can get in there too.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Sorry to hear about it!! on a side note a friend just went through the same ordeal with a basically stock engine but it had Dana marine manifolds and ss risers..while running the engine the idle was sporadic, would idle at 800 rmps then 1000..i told him to re gap the plug gaps because he had them set at .035,when he pulled the plugs on 5 & 7 water came out!!

So he took the exhaust off and noticed that the exhaust port were off by 1/2 inch,he called Dana and they said that they had a batch that were machined wrong which i guess caused a vacuum in the exhaust ports which sucked water back in to the engine..

I gave him a set of stock glm's to use that i had and he put them on and the problem went away..

Gil exhaust are known for reversion,two of the exhaust ports are to close together and causes the same vacuum in the exhaust..

If you cant afford different exhaust then i would change the cams or degree them in properly..
Old 05-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like the block cracked from not being winterized correctly...very cold winter
Old 05-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered

Most, if not all of us know how you feel. Keep at it and get back on the water. What part of the state are you located ?
Good luck and keep us updated.
BC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.