500hp valve spring replacement >

500hp valve spring replacement

Notices

500hp valve spring replacement

Old 05-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 500hp valve spring replacement

was wondering whats a ballpark figure that i can expect to pay to have my twin 500efis valve springs replaced by rep boat shop? pushing 280 hrs so getting about time trying to decide wether to pay someone to do it or try to find the time to change them myself. never payed to have anything worked on before but time is tight this time of year. looks like i'm going to go with the comp 929s which are 130 a set at jegs shipped to my door so what kind of labor am i looking at? thanks
Old 05-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

It should take about 2 hrs per side if your leaving the heads on assuming you have the valve covers ready for removel. IT's not that bad of a job if you do it yourself however I hear you in regards to the time to do it. There always seems to be more to do than we all have time for. Not sure what current hourly rates are. I would have to guess about 300.00 - 375.00 for both sides. Probably depends alot on how much your going to do to prep for the job and also if you plan to set the lash and put everything back together.

Last edited by getrdunn; 05-22-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ttt

ttt