??? Blown bravo one drive >

??? Blown bravo one drive

Notices

??? Blown bravo one drive

Old 05-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? Blown bravo one drive

I was cruising along 3/4 throttle when my outdrive started rattaling, and the rpms reved up. Then was unable to put it into forward or reverse? what do you think happened?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by B_Schutz
I was cruising along 3/4 throttle when my outdrive started rattaling, and the rpms reved up. Then was unable to put it into forward or reverse? what do you think happened?
sounds like a couple of mine that let go. Pull the plugs and top cap to inspect. If there's metal everywhere you're done. You really can't speculate without looking..

Sorry to hear. I have a nice used drive if you wind up needing one (hopefully not).
Old 05-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Upper gears are toast.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:54 AM
Registered

Im heading out to the shop now to pull of the drive. If the upper gears are crashed where is the best place to get a repacement. I want to plan on my future 600hp and external steering.

Last edited by B_Schutz; 05-24-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i have 2 fresh rebuilt drives,2000. each,will seperate,i am in yorkville,illinois.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Registered

The upper bevel gears are done, so what should I repace it with in anticipation of external steering and 600hp
Old 05-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im heading out to the shop now to pull of the drive. If the upper gears are crashed where is the best place to get a repacement. I want to plan on my future 600hp and external steering.
If you dont end up buying new, or slightly used- the closest super competent rebuild guy to you in Ill is probably Dick ( I think his last name is Trice) known as Mr. Gadgets. I think hes in Michigan. You can look up Arcticfriends as well.

Thing is the victory is a really heavy 27 ft boat, one of the biggest 27's out there (the best 27 weekender I have ever been in) and its really hard drives.

You can get a few better parts form teague or imco and have Gadgets put them in for you. Youll need someone to tell you if your cases are any good or not- this last shot may have wiped them out.

Did you have any shavings on the last oil change?

Uncle Dave
Old 05-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered

No the oil on this drive has always been clean, I dont know how expensive a rebuild is, but I just figured I would get a new one with a warranty?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Registered

No the oil on this drive has always been clean, I dont know how expensive a rebuild is, but I just figured I would get a new one with a warranty?

Depends on if the lower needs one as well.

For an upper and lower rebuild with ALL new parts and a thorough cleaning I think you are looking at around 5K for both.

what did the lower magnets look like?

How many hours on your rig?

Uncle Dave
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

BTW- I dont think anyone warranties a drive only- I think a warranty comes with a NEW engine packages only, but I could be wrong.

UD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.