Exhaust Set Up Dif From 9.8 Block To 10.2 >

Exhaust Set Up Dif From 9.8 Block To 10.2

Notices

Exhaust Set Up Dif From 9.8 Block To 10.2

Old 05-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Set Up Dif From 9.8 Block To 10.2

exhaust header set up HELP, ok I think I have a motor coming in the next couple of weeks but who knows so I want to pull my short deck 509 and use it to rig the motor mounts, header tails but there dry water jacketed. so should I wait longer for the 10.2 motor or is there no different between the width and height to measure for tails cause they take a few weeks to make. also will the motor mounts be the same height width too. whats happened is I raise and had the transom cut out redone for a KONRAD ACE DRIVE so thats installed just waiting for motor but no motor so if I can use the 509 to pre rig it will safe weeks plus I need to find out if I need a scoop or larger hatch which takes time. I promised my wife we would go away on the july 4th for her 50th b day thats not happen now. unless I can use the 509, then I would have a chance. I just can't believe its june in a few days and no motor. I have learned a lesson next boats a SF. so much for racing opa this year.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DareDevil
It should tweak in,,but not shure..its only 400 height and about 200 wider !!

Is it diferent, yes..but not that much .

It also depends on what system u have !!

If u havent cut any holes..i would wait..on the engine mounts , its the same !
hey Scott I had all holes filled and headers are hurricane big tube either 4 1/2'' or 5'' not sure what to make for tails with the 572 blower motor it will be over 1050hp maybe 1150hp. what sucks is if the blower is to high I.need to make a hatch from scratch, Ican't believe its june and no motor so much for racing this year not sure if its worth racing starting in aug by the time we rig everything. so leave the 509 out then a.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:07 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

There ya go Artie. Put that 509 in and go boating. That big power is just going to be a never ending nightmare anyway.

I've got an emply block you can use for mock-up.

Kurt