Notices
Formula

292 water under step

Old 06-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 292 water under step

i have a 2006 292 , i have water underneath the step, and this weekend i found water underneath the left cabin seat the one next to the sink. i unscrewed the cushion and there was a couple inches of water in there. Does any body have any idea where the hell all this water is coming from?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Could it be the fresh water tank or pump/fittings? Did you winterize it good?
Old 06-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Registered

Although I don't own one of the boats with this issue I've seen the question posted a ton. Maybe time to make the below link a sticky?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...ps-solved.html
Old 06-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

both the fittings and the tank are fine.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Formula designed most of their smaller boats 30' and less with a single bilge pump, therefore, there's often a drain channel or pipe that runs from the bow to the stern that runs along the very bottom of the boat. If you get a good rain, and the floor hatches aren't sealed well, etc. you'll get water in the cabin. However, sometimes, water will flow forward from the bilge to the bow when trailering and you brake hard if your bow sits too low on your trailer. Put a block under the trailer jack when boat is sitting on trailer to avoid runoff from running forward. Most late 80's Formulas are soaked from transom to bow, including foam and wood. They just used lots of solid fiberglass which hides it well now until it becomes structural. You'll see spider cracks in the gel coat. Unfortunately, just the nature of the boat. I just restored my 242LS from bow to stern including all sub-floor foam, stringers, gas tank foam, motor boxes and engine mounts, and full transom. It's a big job to do it right but once done, you have a brand new boat.