Good 353 vs. 35 Outlaw Race Story

Notices
Formula

Good 353 vs. 35 Outlaw Race Story

Old 06-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good 353 vs. 35 Outlaw Race Story

Well, first of all I have a 353 Fastech with HP500s Carbed with Stelling Ext. Boxes and running 30P 4-Blade Labbed props.

There is a guy at the lake with a newer 35 Outlaw (I would assume he is probably running 496HOs, but I'm not sure). I raced him at the end of the summer last year and beat him pretty easily, as I can top out in the low to mid 80s, with two people in the boat and a half tank of fuel. So, last weekend, I was taking a group of seven people for a ride, along with a few coolers among other things, so I was def. weighted down. This guy in the Outlaw was waiting for me at the edge of the no wake buoys, and I'm sure he saw a great opportunity, as it was just him and his girl. He waited for me to take off, and hammered it right as I started to get on plane. He got me pretty good out of the hole, as I also don't like to hammer my drives out of the hole, esp with a full load. It was a very rough day (probably 3-4 foot chop), but I caught him about 2 miles down the lake and passed him, probably averaging about 75mph in heavy chop. It was a victory, but the majority of my seven battered passengers weren't necessarily lovin it, ha!

The best part of the story, is not only have I raced this guy before, but he saw the perfect opportunity to make me look bad with how full of a load I had. I saw the guy the next day when driving through the no wake, and he looked as if he had his tail between his legs. Gotta love those Baja's....
Old 06-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Registered

I love stories with happy endings.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:37 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sent him home with his tail between his legs eh! ....

We had a simular experiance a few weeks ago ... We were at the north end of the Lake where we live and were easing thru the Idle Zone by a Bridge/Marina.
We saw a big Center console coming out of the Marina and I was kinda easing along waiting to see what it was ..looked pretty nice ... The Lake is "L" shaped and we were at the bend and before I know it this guy Hammers it and actually cuts off the Corner (idle Zone 300' from shore) ! He is Gone! ...So we jump on it and slowly but surely run the guy down and start to pull away ....he finally concedes and does a 180 ... The Other Boat? A 38' Fountain ...Brand new with 3 "300" Mercs ....Found out later it was just the Salesman out for a quick spin .... we hit 77-78 in my old 311 ....pretty sweet against a brand new state of the art Stepped hull Fountain!!! .......m
Old 06-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the other side of the coin. The 35 I had with 525's ran about 83 with 4 people. I had a 353 come out of nowhere at LOTO on a Saturday evening. We ran almost neck and neck for ten miles or more. I definetly had the upper hand on him. Was alot of fun.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered

77 or 78 in a 311? Must have some real healthy power. I can only get 72 in my 336 with HP 500s plus a little. Blower motors?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by billeickmann
77 or 78 in a 311? Must have some real healthy power. I can only get 72 in my 336 with HP 500s plus a little. Blower motors?
naw ..... Regular ole NA's ...600HP ....I think htere is more there ...never have touched the motors .....m
Attached Thumbnails Good 353 vs. 35 Outlaw Race Story-dsc00316.jpg  
Old 06-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

very nice