Idle adjustment >

Idle adjustment

Notices

Idle adjustment

Old 06-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Idle adjustment

Started my engines last 2 weekends & both are idling about 1000rpm. so i need to adjust them down some. looking at the holley dom 1050 doc, it says to adjust both the primary & secondary screws

"This adjustment should be made to both the primary and secondary screws in equal amounts, so that the throttle plates are opened the same amount."

do i adjust them simultaneously or adjust the primary to where it needs to be, then move the secondary the same amount?

also what should the idle be for my hawk 525's? 600 rpm or so?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Count the number of turns it takes to close both throtle plates and divide that by 2. Now open both sides the same. Then for your final adj. do both sides the same.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Just adjust the single main idle speed screw first. Set the neutral idle to around 850rpm. You really need to play with the idle air bleed screws while in the water so you can put the engine under a load by putting it gear.