700sci IAC Fault Code

Notices

700sci IAC Fault Code

Old 06-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Exclamation 700sci IAC Fault Code

I'm posting for a buddy of mine.
He has 700 NXT/#6 package on 07 42 Fountain Lighting w 150 hours.

Yesterday he was running at 4500-4800 rpms when the port motor gave a fault code on smartcraft saying IAC fault and the engine completely shut off.

The engine will not turn over, the tach doesnt bounce when trying to start, all the fuses are good, the wires to computer are not burnt up, and IAC sensor is plugged in tight.

Is the computer gone, just the IAC, or both? Should he switch any of the parts from other motor and see if it cranks?

Your help and suggestions are greatly needed!!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chattviper
I'm posting for a buddy of mine.
He has 700 NXT/#6 package on 07 42 Fountain Lighting w 150 hours.

Yesterday he was running at 4500-4800 rpms when the port motor gave a fault code on smartcraft saying IAC fault and the engine completely shut off.

The engine will not turn over, the tach doesnt bounce when trying to start, all the fuses are good, the wires to computer are not burnt up, and IAC sensor is plugged in tight.

Is the computer gone, just the IAC, or both? Should he switch any of the parts from other motor and see if it cranks?

Your help and suggestions are greatly needed!!
Not an expert on this by any means but I've read on here of a couple cases of some type of electrical overload in the IAC causing a plug in the wiring harness to melt on these engines. I know a local guy with a 382 Formula with 700's that had this problem..................melted a connector plug and/or wires in the harness.