valve spring install height >

valve spring install height

Notices

valve spring install height

Old 07-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default valve spring install height

Hey, Iv got a Gen V 454 mag with the rectangle port heads. Can anyone give me the install height on the stock valve springs? The machine shop says 1.900". He's not a marine mechanic so Im curious where he is getting his marine info. I thought the correct install height was 1.870.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the 1.90 is about std for h/p setups, the .003 on a stock setup will not make any difference..I'm just not sure stock retainers will allow that much height, I know most high perf are right at 1.90...
Old 07-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I just wanted to check. Im starting to worry about letting "automotive guys" work on my manine stuff. I know a few good wrenches and racers that have given me marine advice that would have been detramental if applied to a marine engine. They are good at what they do, but dont realize that marine is a different beast. Im still learning this every time i read a thread on here!