She's got a tick.. 454 MAG 89 242LS

Notices
Formula

She's got a tick.. 454 MAG 89 242LS

Old 07-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default She's got a tick.. 454 MAG 89 242LS

I dropped my boat off Saturday at the Marine to get checked out due to a new "tick". Everything was good over the 4th wknd. Just taking a quick look, they think it may be a lifter or manifold leak. I didn't notice any loss of power or oil pressure. The temp stayed right under 150deg as usual. The 454 has 553hrs. I'm sitting here biting my nails on what this is going to get me for. They are closed today so hopefully I'll know more tomorrow. If it is the lifters, should have anything replaced or checked out while they have the topside of the motor opened up? Should have them replace all the lifter springs?

pdm
Old 07-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pdm007
I dropped my boat off Saturday at the Marine to get checked out due to a new "tick". Everything was good over the 4th wknd. Just taking a quick look, they think it may be a lifter or manifold leak. I didn't notice any loss of power or oil pressure. The temp stayed right under 150deg as usual. The 454 has 553hrs. I'm sitting here biting my nails on what this is going to get me for. They are closed today so hopefully I'll know more tomorrow. If it is the lifters, should have anything replaced or checked out while they have the topside of the motor opened up? Should have them replace all the lifter springs?

pdm

could be either or, the could definetly have a llifter tick, boat sat alot
Old 07-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My 454 is doing the same thing but for less than 15 upon start upseconds may be a sticky lifter. If it lasts longer than that could be a problem.

Let us know on the out come. Good luck