engine rebuilder

Notices

engine rebuilder

Old 07-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine rebuilder

Hi
I am currently looking for a engine rebuilder in illinois or wisconsin. I have twin 454's that are in need of rebuild. Anyone have some suggestions on who to use or not to use?

Thanks in Advance
Donnie
Old 07-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Ateco would probably be the closest
http://www.atecoengines.com/
Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by icbmfountain
Hi
I am currently looking for a engine rebuilder in illinois or wisconsin. I have twin 454's that are in need of rebuild. Anyone have some suggestions on who to use or not to use?

Thanks in Advance
Donnie
don,i use opel engineering on all my stuff..never and i mean NEVER had any problem's with any of his work..im on my tenth year with my x18 engine and i am always on the throttle(5000-6000) rpm range and it never gave me a lick of problems.. ask for ted..
Addition,,they have cnc equipment and know how to use it !!! im not knocking atc@ but when time is the matter and ted says he will have it done at such a date its done and done rite,,atc@ another story from what i have read and heard..
http://www.opelengineering.com/

Last edited by FIXX; 07-24-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you'll be real happy with Dave Weseldyk @ Wesco
good luck & shoot me a pm and i'll give you the details you need

Last edited by Racegirl3; 07-26-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: here we go again .....
Old 07-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
you'll be real happy with Dave Weseldyk @ Wesco
good luck & shoot me a pm and i'll give you the details you need
I've always heard great things about him and never any complaints.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Registered

Thanks everyone I was just talking to someone today that used ateco he said stay away. they are slow and full of bullshi*. His 15K engine lasted 8hrs of run time. So that is out of the question. Thanks I will be contacting some of the ones everyone listed
Thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 12:12 PM
VIP Member

I've got a guy for you. He is right over the border in Wisconsin. He has built 6 motors for me and numerous other people. Very knowledgeable and great pricing. PM me for his info or call me at 847-902-9702.

Smitty
Old 07-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Im having my new engine built by PSLONAKER, also known as Paul. Without a question the best person I can think of when it comes to help and building engines and knowledge of engines. I have seen his work and know of a few boats out there that have his motors and have NEVER had a lick of problems. He's not the type to brag so I'll do it for him, has been of great help to me and to many people on here. Last engine I bought remanufactured from eagle engines and will never do that again. It just threw a rod after maybe 30hrs of use. If i were in your shoes I would ship your engines out to him and have him personally build them. He takes time to make sure everything is the way is supposed to and does a few things to give that puppy a few extra horses. His work speaks for itself, do your research and you will not be disatisfied. Only person I would have touch my engines is pslonaker. Everyone has their own opinions and I respect that but from what I have seen he is the best out there. Just my opinion and a lot of people's opinion that know him.