Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Penut 454 to EFI mag 454 need help !!! >

Penut 454 to EFI mag 454 need help !!!

Notices

Penut 454 to EFI mag 454 need help !!!

Old 07-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Penut 454 to EFI mag 454 need help !!!

Hello,
Need some help with this project I am doing. I changing out a 454 penut merc with a 454 mag EFI motor. The plug seems to be the same but just looking for a few tips from EFI guys. I hooked up all the same wires to the starter that were off the old starter turned thekey fuel pump went on but did not engage the starter . What wire on that motor engages the starter. Also on the pos side of sylinoind were pos wires go there is a piggy back that has a couple of wires on it any ideas ?

Next issue is the two wires for the drive oiler bottle , I cant seem to find two wires off harness to connect to those.

Next there is a single wire that connects to the intake to a sensore, were does that wire need to be connected to ?

Any tips would be great on this EFI conversion
Old 07-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well what fixed the problem is I tried changing out the solenoid that did not work. What worked was off the small yellow W/ blk wire on solenoid I ran a separate ground wire to the block and boom ! started no problem. The solenoid was not grounded propery. Now I just have to figure out were to plug the to wires off EFI intake to. Hopes this helps someone out in same situation.