Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Anybody got a stereo wiring diagram for an '89? >

Anybody got a stereo wiring diagram for an '89?

Notices
Formula

Anybody got a stereo wiring diagram for an '89?

Old 07-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody got a stereo wiring diagram for an '89?

I'm not sure if the wiring is the same for other years, in fact I haven't even started poking around yet. My boat has an old tape deck that I'm going to replace this afternoon with a new Sony unit. I'm just trying to save time rather than trial and error with a meter and wondering if anyone has a diagram or color codes for ground/power/remote-on/off if nothing else?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

If you're determined to go down the path of using previous wiring, contact customer service at the factory, however, given the changes in technology since then, it's likely the only thing you'd find valid would be the speakers.
You'll be miles ahead to just get out your meter and start ringing wires if you plan on using any of the old.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bacon1
I'm not sure if the wiring is the same for other years, in fact I haven't even started poking around yet. My boat has an old tape deck that I'm going to replace this afternoon with a new Sony unit. I'm just trying to save time rather than trial and error with a meter and wondering if anyone has a diagram or color codes for ground/power/remote-on/off if nothing else?
Try this .... https://home.comcast.net/~mbell53/of.../DOC061109.pdf

or send me an email and I can send you wiring Diagram for the newer Formula's ......m

[email protected]

Last edited by offthefront; 07-31-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

88 diagrams ... poor quality though .....

https://home.comcast.net/~mbell53/of...ingDiagram.pdf
Old 08-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Registered

I ended up just using a meter. Luckily the old radio was labeled so it was pretty easy to wire. I am having an issue with it blowing the circuit breaker for the radio memory when I turn it up super loud? The radio is a sony with built in amp. I'm thinking its trying to draw more power than the breaker will allow. I didn't think it should matter since it should only be drawing power to tell the radio to turn on through that breaker? There's another line that supplies constant power. The radio also has a built in 10 amp fuse, I'm tempted to jump the breaker or replace it with a 10 amp I'm guessing its less.