Help with fuel pickup removal >

Help with fuel pickup removal

Notices

Help with fuel pickup removal

Old 08-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with fuel pickup removal

Driving me nuts. My 75 gallon tank has the pickup in the center rear of it that threads out from the top, but when you try to pull it the last couple inches you get a bunch of resistance like there is something attached to the end of the tube that is larger than the opening in the tank itself.

Crazy thing is that my tank doesn't have ANY access panels in it, so I don't see how something could've been attached to the end of the pickup once it was put into the tank.

Am I missing a trick here? I was just going to give it a good tug but I'm afraid that something my get knocked off and be forever stuck in the tank after that. Did these have some sort of flexible mesh that can just be slowly worked out?
Old 08-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes it is a mesh that is at the end of the p/u tube i had the same problem and finally just pulled it out the mesh stayed on for me.but even if it falls off its just mesh.i dont think it will hurt anything