Alpha One shift problem >

Alpha One shift problem

Notices

Alpha One shift problem

Old 08-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpha One shift problem

I'm having problem with adjusting the lower unit shift cable for alpha one. I replace the outer & inner cable with no problem. The problem is I have the lower unit in full locked in forward gear and I can not get the brass piece to be 6" from center to center I can only get it to 6.5" b/c it at the end of the treads. So any info will help.

I have a pic that expanded it a little better but cant figure out how to insert here
Old 08-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Might want to try over on http://forums.iboats.com/

Lot of Alpha guys over there that can tell what you need to know.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by porker99
I'm having problem with adjusting the lower unit shift cable for alpha one. I replace the outer & inner cable with no problem. The problem is I have the lower unit in full locked in forward gear and I can not get the brass piece to be 6" from center to center I can only get it to 6.5" b/c it at the end of the treads. So any info will help.

I have a pic that expanded it a little better but cant figure out how to insert here
did you bottom out the liner? if you dont have the liner all the way in the gimbal your measurement will be way off..

also if you dont have the shift foot lined up under the upper housing(speedo pick up is located ) it will be locked into gear..