Help converting to headers on a SBC >

Help converting to headers on a SBC

Notices

Help converting to headers on a SBC

Old 08-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help converting to headers on a SBC

Hi. I have a 78 Sleekcraft with a GM 350 v8. It originally had cast iron manifolds, but I bought a pair of stellings jacketed headers for it. This means my water distribution block/thermostat housing is no longer correct.

Originally it had 6 outlets; 2 to go into the manifolds, with two returns, and two more to dump into the exhaust. I'm looking for just two outlets to go to the headers.

Help? I've seen crossover tubes for BBC that look like they'd work, but nothing for a SBC.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Registered

Okay do you guys know anything about this or not?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

All that you need to do is get a Y or T fitting and connect the 2 hoses that went to the risers and manifolds together. Then run the combined hose to the bottom of the header.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me see if I can get some picts of my small block- Im not running headers, but a high end manifold and i think it's going to be relatively the same.

UD
Attached Thumbnails Help converting to headers on a SBC-406.jpg   Help converting to headers on a SBC-last-roll-10.jpg  
Old 08-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Let me see if I can get some picts of my small block- Im not running headers, but a high end manifold and i think it's going to be relatively the same.

UD
That won't work with the Stellings. You have a wet joint between the manifold and riser to transfer water. He only has one place for water to enter the headers.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

this ia all you need,unless your not running a circulation pump..its works for sb and bb

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/pa...FYpV2godlTJ32w
Old 08-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
this ia all you need,unless your not running a circulation pump..its works for sb and bb

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/pa...FYpV2godlTJ32w
That would be a cleaner install. I knew they made them, just wasn't sure if they were the same for SBC and BBC.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Registered

That thermostat housing looks nice, but I'm not sure how to make it work. On my current housing, the water inlet from the sterndrive pickup is on the starboard side at a downward angle. This comes from the power steering cooler mounted to the engine mount on the starboard side. This one has an inlet on the port side, straight sideways. How am I supposed to run a hose to this inlet?
Old 08-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Registered

help?
Old 08-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by cash68
help?
This is a board of alot of information!! If your going to be a demanding like on other posts or posting comments then NOBODY WILL ANSWER.

ok every thermostat housing's water inlet is on the port side unless you decide to do away with the water pump and run a cross over on the front of the engine those take a special type of t-stat housing..the housing i posted will work on all n/a chevys..

All you need to do is get a longer hose and loop it under the engine and secure it to the front of the engine to keep it from rubbing on the belts..

Last edited by FIXX; 08-21-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.