Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Airpax Switch boots.  Help Please!! >

Airpax Switch boots. Help Please!!

Notices

Airpax Switch boots. Help Please!!

Old 08-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airpax Switch boots. Help Please!!

Hello All,
Ok so I have a mystery here. I have a 1996 Fountain and my blower breaker switch went out. So after much searching I found a matched replacement off of ebay. Here is the strange part. The boot was ripped too and I cannot find a replacement anywhere. All of the ones I find look similar but the thread pitch is different. I have found many places who carry these but again they all use a different threads on theirs. Has anyone else run into this? Its an Airpax switch. Again, thanks in advance for your help.
Eric
Old 08-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Registered

Default 26 views and no answers!?!

Someone had to have run into this along the line. Still looking for some guidance. Thanks All.

Originally Posted by Kid Cumberland
Hello All,
Ok so I have a mystery here. I have a 1996 Fountain and my blower breaker switch went out. So after much searching I found a matched replacement off of ebay. Here is the strange part. The boot was ripped too and I cannot find a replacement anywhere. All of the ones I find look similar but the thread pitch is different. I have found many places who carry these but again they all use a different threads on theirs. Has anyone else run into this? Its an Airpax switch. Again, thanks in advance for your help.
Eric
Old 08-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Beak botr
VIP Member

I added some toggle switches and ran into this same thread pitch and diameter problem. I finally purchased Carling switches from CP Performance and the boots for the switches together. Now they match and work, but I do not know if they are the same exact size as the dash switches on the Fountain. To me, they are close enough such that if I had one fail, I would substitute the Carling switch and boot.