Insta-Trim Indicator issue... >

Insta-Trim Indicator issue...

Notices

Insta-Trim Indicator issue...

Old 08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insta-Trim Indicator issue...

My port tab works fine but the led's don't show correctly on the port side. I had first thought it was the gauge but after some troubleshooting, the problem lies in the sensor either inside the tab or the plastic cover that goes over the ram itself.
Question is...has anyone took one of the rams apart to change the sensor that is located on top of the shaft?? Could the sensor just of come out of alignment which would be causing my issues?? Or has anyone had the plastic boot sensor go bad on them?? I don't want to order parts if i don't need them.

Thanks guys..

Here is a link to the rams and sensors. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page.
http://www.insta-trim.com/tloc.html
Old 08-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered

Yes the sensors can get out of alignment. I thought there were instructions on the website to fix this. If not call them. they are very helpful.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Registered

I messed around with the outside sensor but that didn't do anything to help so it has to be the inside one. How would it get out of alignment? I would think it should be in there somewhat secure so it would not twist.