Notices

Corsa parts

Old 08-30-2010, 08:49 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Corsa parts

1999 Corsa Quick and Quiet on Baja 342.

My port motor Quick and Quiet will not flip open. The solenoids work. The correct amount of voltage is there to hold the solenoids open when I switch them by hand. I used the connection from the STB motor and they flip and hold just fine.

I believe I have it narrowed down to the Coil Commander. It's a slendor cylinder that I think jolts up the juice to give the Solenoids enough power to flip open, then the system drops down in voltage to just hold them open.

Anyone know if I have to buy an entire wiring harness or if I can just find a Power Commander? It's not listed as a part on Corsa's site. I've emailed them, but haven't heard back yet. Though I'd throw it out here to see if anyone has had a similar issue.

Last edited by Baja_342; 08-30-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Heard back from Corsa. I knew they didn't make the older 4-wire harness or solenoids anymore. They basically said I'd have to purchase a new 3-wire harness and 2 new solenoids. The newer solenoids have the realys built into them and do not utilize the coil commander.

I also have a call into a distributor for Woodard, the company that bought Syncro-start (the company who originally made the coil commanders for Corsa's wiring harness). It's enought to make my my freakin' head spin!

On the upside, I doubt I'll have a hard time selling my 4-wire solenoids if I switch the port motor over to the newer ones.