Notices

Need your opinion

Old 08-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need your opinion

This winter I had my motors rebuilt and went up in power. I damage one prop a little before I got good speed #'s. So, I bought a pair of Herings from a OSO member described as perfect on his post, that I thought might work on my boat. I received them just before Memorial Weekend and could not get the boat on plane and put my props right back on. Then on 7-7-10, I put a post on OSO that the props did not work for me and need to sell. After weeks of trying to get ahold of Brett at BBlades we decided to fix my original prop and get good speed #'s, then decide whether or not to put extended diffusers on the Herings or just sell them and start over. Got my prop back, called BBlades several times never got to talk to Brett but did talk to Brad. I debated about putting more money in the Herings and the props would still not work for me. Then I called Julie at Throttle Up and she was great and the turn around time was also great, so I sent her the props to put the extenders on. She called me last week and said one prop had a cracked balde and was not fixable. I called the person I bought them from and he basically said that I had them to long and he is not responsible.

So what do you guys think? Should he stand behind them since he said they would perfect or did I buy some expensive paper weights?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not saying that this is what happened but you have had them since Memorial weekend and alot of things could have happened to them in that time i know it is your word against his but you cannot expect him to warraty them for life unless it was stated that in advance
Old 08-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

If you don't know for certain whether or not the props were cracked when you bought them then you should eat it IMO.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Registered

expensive paper weights
Old 08-30-2010, 07:26 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

three months is a long time. you still have one good prop. Unfortunately, I think you need to move on
Old 08-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Registered
VIP Member

It sucks to be on your end. But I think you should have had them tried out or looked at sooner IMO. Sorry!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Registered

Agree, you had them all summer.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate to say it but it sounds like you waited to long. How does the other guy know that when you were running it the first time you did not hit something? It could have happened, it has happened in the past to other guys. If you were cavitating a lot it could have possibly cracked the blade as well.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Registered

You say that you damaged one trying to get good speed numbers, then you coincidentally have another damaged one after you've had it most of the summer? And now you want the guy you bought it from to "man-up" ? What would you honestly say if you were in his shoes? I'm surprised you even started this thread. You know the answer to your predicament sir.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by tinman565
You say that you damaged one trying to get good speed numbers, then you coincidentally have another damaged one after you've had it most of the summer? And now you want the guy you bought it from to "man-up" ? What would you honestly say if you were in his shoes? I'm surprised you even started this thread. You know the answer to your predicament sir.
Read again, he said his original props were damaged then bought the Herrings.

I think the OP is out of luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.