rpm about right? and outdrive question >

rpm about right? and outdrive question

Notices

rpm about right? and outdrive question

Old 08-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rpm about right? and outdrive question

I have a 242ls with twin 350's it has 23p 3 blade cleavers its running about 48-4900 rpms running 60-62 mph it feels like it has more but feels like something holding it back. The prop place by my house has been telling me the cleavers are old tech and almost any new 3 blade prop would out perform mine I have no point of reference are the 3 blade cleavers junk and are my rpms and speed about right. I was told that switching to a counter rotating alpha would help my boat too
Old 08-31-2010, 07:45 AM
Registered

That sounds about right IMO. I have a 26' Sutphen with twin 350s hooked to TRS drives. I am also running 23p cleavers turning 4100 @ 60-65 mph. I also tried a set of 21p mirages but saw no real change in performance. I am surprised the boat didn't come with counter rotating drives. You will definatly see better handling with them.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Registered

I guess thats gearing difference? 800 rpms is a big difference for the same speed and the same props. Im having a hell of a time finding a used alpha counter rotating lower it seems like a lot of people would yank them to put bravos in. it didnt come with a tie bar either so I have to find one of those as well. The cheapest I can find is about $450 would love to find a used one