cream in valve cover. >

cream in valve cover.

Notices

cream in valve cover.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default cream in valve cover.

I have recently begun to notice cream in the breather and valve cover. It does not appear on the Dip stick or on the rockers or springs but after start up of the first run of the day. IT is on both motors, less on the Port as it runs a higher oil temp and seems to burn off. ..IS anyone else noticing this perhaps due to the big tempurature swings we are seeing in NJ/NY area?? I also just switched back to regular oil from Synthetic which I hear is a bad idea. I am only doing this till I winterize which will be in two ro three weeks.

thanks
Dan

thanks
Dan
Old 09-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Condensation ....definitely can be worse with big temp swings .....and the oil need to get to 212* to help burn it off ......m
Old 09-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default condensation

I appreciate hearing that and hope it is the case. I have had too much expiirience with water in oil which is why I check too much :-)

thanks
Dan