Repower 38'Fountain

Notices

Repower 38'Fountain

Old 09-17-2010, 06:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Repower 38'Fountain

I am considering repowering my 38' Fountain fron Twin 575's to a builder that provides engines at 700-750 HP either EFI's or carbs. The engine makers I am considering are Corretti, Cobra and Chief. I there anyone out there that that has experience with either of these builders? I appreciate any comments pro/con you can offer.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 09-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I have never heard of Coretti, but Chief and Cobra both build some good engines. I also offer a 750 in both efi and carb. As a matter of fact, that is the most common engine that I build. However, I am a custom builder and can create whatever you would like. I have several customers in your area that are running my engines. I would be glad to put you in touch with them. All of my naturally aspirated engines come with a one year warranty. I am not that far away if you would like to come by the shop and look around. If you would like to discuss it further, I can be reached anytime at 615-216-7449 shop or 504-416-3607 cell. Good luck in your search.
Eddie

Here are a few pics of my 750 efi......and one of a 1200
Attached Thumbnails Repower 38'Fountain-650-efi-16-.jpg   Repower 38'Fountain-dsc00261.jpg   Repower 38'Fountain-dsc00260.jpg  

Repower 38'Fountain-shane-547-efi-42-.jpg   Repower 38'Fountain-1200-1400-cropped.jpg  
Old 09-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by butchman
I am considering repowering my 38' Fountain fron Twin 575's to a builder that provides engines at 700-750 HP either EFI's or carbs. The engine makers I am considering are Corretti, Cobra and Chief. I there anyone out there that that has experience with either of these builders? I appreciate any comments pro/con you can offer.

Thanks,

Tom
Seriously consider eddy,he knows his Chit i have a friend running one of his engines in a single application..it will crack 100mph at any given moment and it will stay together..How many builders offer a 1yr warranty? that got to tell you something.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Seriously consider eddy,he knows his Chit i have a friend running one of his engines in a single application..it will crack 100mph at any given moment and it will stay together..How many builders offer a 1yr warranty? that got to tell you something.
What he said!!!!! Plus he's close to you!! No brainer!
Old 09-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Here is a set of my 925/1000's that Eddie built for me. They run flawless and all I do is change oil and ride. I also had a set of his 598ci 750's. The 750's were the same way. The picture of the engines in his banner add were my old 750 engines. They ran like efi even though they were carb. The torgue that his 598 combo's make is incredible. You are more than welcome to come see mine first hand. I am only a few miles from Eddie. We can also take the boat out and you can see first hand what his carbed 1000's run like. Another one in our group has his 598ci 3.3L 925 EFI's and he is now over 270 trouble free hours. Eddie has built 2 sets of 1200/1400's for another friend of mine that have also had the same results. We all went to the shootout at loto a few weeks ago together and Eddie won top gun V Bottom with his engines in a 399 Skater V. He also helped me re-work a set of Teague 1100's in my Outerlimits and it picked up nearly 15mph. I came in second place in the same class and I was also second in top gun V bottom. He stands behind his work and is close to you. Let me know if you would like to come by and see mine and/or take it to the lake. We have had pretty much every builder out there's engines out of our group and there is a reason why we are all running YPM engines and it is not because they are the cheapest. You get what you pay for. If you want badazz reliable big power rigged to perfection...Eddie is your guy. Here are pics of the motors and some of his rigging. He stripped my bilge to a blank canvas and redid ALL of it. The one little spot on bottom of the bilge if you look under the stbd alternator is a little bit if oil that I missed when I changed the oil. I wiped it off with a paper towel with no cleaning products neccessary. Eddie coated my bilge with Bilgekote and it is impervious to anything. You can see yourself in my bilge floor. We can go run the boat and come back in and it will look just like these pictures. There will not be a drop of oil anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails Repower 38'Fountain-dsc04192-large-.jpg   Repower 38'Fountain-dsc04193-large-.jpg   Repower 38'Fountain-dsc04194-large-.jpg  

Repower 38'Fountain-dsc04195-large-.jpg   Repower 38'Fountain-dsc04196-large-.jpg  

Last edited by thunderusone; 09-18-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Here are some more pics of the rigging and a shot of the port motor.
Attached Thumbnails Repower 38'Fountain-dsc04197-large-.jpg   Repower 38'Fountain-dsc04198-large-.jpg   Repower 38'Fountain-dsc04200-large-.jpg  

Repower 38'Fountain-dsc04208-large-.jpg   Repower 38'Fountain-dsc04209-large-.jpg  
Old 09-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Registered
VIP Member

One more thing, he did this job for me in 2008 and I took these pictures last weekend.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Young Performance Engines

Thanks very much for your response, repowering is an expensive venture and I need all the info I can get from satisfied customers.Those are some very impressive engines and the bilge is impeccable!!! I talked to Eddy today and advised him that I would try to visit his shop in a week or so. If you still don't mind and are available , I would contact you to see your engines. I am looking for a pair of reliable motors that will go a few years without trouble. I only put about 50-60 hrs on my boat per year. When Eddy quoted me the prices he was about $5000/motor more expense from the average of the three quotes I obtained. I have had contact from several that are running Cobra and Chief and it seems that Chief's engines are very well thought of and are reliable. Both of these builders are in South Florida and I would need to factor in the shipping cost. Both of the Florida builders were going to take my 525 SCI's on trade. This was an important factor in helping me reduce the total cost of the repower.

Regards,

Tom
Old 09-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Consider selling your 575's here in the classifieds. Complete motors sell fast here at the right price.

If you have 575's now, maybe eddie can go thru what you have and get you to your HP goal using possibly a larger blower, camshaft, etc. Just something to condsider.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by butchman
Thanks very much for your response, repowering is an expensive venture and I need all the info I can get from satisfied customers.Those are some very impressive engines and the bilge is impeccable!!! I talked to Eddy today and advised him that I would try to visit his shop in a week or so. If you still don't mind and are available , I would contact you to see your engines. I am looking for a pair of reliable motors that will go a few years without trouble. I only put about 50-60 hrs on my boat per year. When Eddy quoted me the prices he was about $5000/motor more expense from the average of the three quotes I obtained. I have had contact from several that are running Cobra and Chief and it seems that Chief's engines are very well thought of and are reliable. Both of these builders are in South Florida and I would need to factor in the shipping cost. Both of the Florida builders were going to take my 525 SCI's on trade. This was an important factor in helping me reduce the total cost of the repower.

Regards,

Tom
I am not knocking Cobra motors.....but when you see mine in person you will see what I am talking about. It is not a fair comparison on the parts Eddies uses for accessories and internal components. I don't have any first hand experience with Chief, but what I have read has been positive. Eddie was doing EFI before Chief was. When I talked to Chief several years ago, he was not doing Mefi EFI with knock protection. I went carb...long story. Eddie builds his package on a 598 platform and there is NO comparison in torque to some of the other combinations. It is also common to go 300+ hours out of Eddies 750 or 925 combo before freshening. I have all my dyno sheets and I will show you what I am talking about when you come by. I also have video of my dyno sessions. Just PM me when you know when you are coming and I will give you all of my contact info and we can hook up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.