Notices

98 502 camshaft

Old 10-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 98 502 camshaft

I have a gen6 502 in need of a camshaft. I would like to upgrade it just a tad bigger or should I just use the stock cam. I changed to aluminum heads and better pistons with the same bore with a higher dome. I'm not looking to get major hp just looking for a good running engine without having to worry about reversion. If anyone has a stock 502 roller cam or something a little bigger. send me an email [email protected] Thanks Jeff
Old 10-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I have two brand new roller cams, springs and retainers out of Gen VI 502's. $100 each plus shipping.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by alecsammy
I have a gen6 502 in need of a camshaft. I would like to upgrade it just a tad bigger or should I just use the stock cam. I changed to aluminum heads and better pistons with the same bore with a higher dome. I'm not looking to get major hp just looking for a good running engine without having to worry about reversion. If anyone has a stock 502 roller cam or something a little bigger. send me an email [email protected] Thanks Jeff
If you go with a cam bigger than stock you should get aftermarket exhaust with long risers. If you cannot afford the exhaust I would just use the stock cam.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A buddy has a nice comp cam hyd. roller that is around 560 lift made very good power, he went bigger. probably less then 20 hrs. on it. I'll check with him tomm. if you want?