Formula Contact?

Notices
Formula

Formula Contact?

Old 01-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula Contact?

I have seen a few threads that people are saying "go direct to formula to get X replaced"

I need a new engine hatch, rear seat, etc. Is this something i can get direct from formula and either have them install(if the price isnt bad) or have someone install locally?

Im not too thrilled with the idea of some of these local upholstery shops..... I want to retain the Formula quality, not half ass it with some guy working out of his garage on the weekends.

If indeed i can get stuff from formula does anyone have some contact info? Or atleast someone to bounce this stuff off of.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I went throught Customer Support, can't remember who I spoke with, it was three years ago, sorry, good luck.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I think you would be better served locating a local upholstery shop to have that completed. A little bit of research goes a long way. You may want to start by contacting the local performance boat dealer and ask them who they use for upholstery work or who they refer local customers to. I also imagine OSO'rs on the board in your area will chime in with suggestions. Perhaps putting a post in General Boating Discussion looking for a good upholstery shop in DE? With that being said, here's the contact info for Formula parts:

Formula Parts

260-724-1412

Ask for Scott Smith
Old 01-13-2011, 03:24 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I wanted new skins for my bench seat a couple years ago and was able to get them from Mcleod direct (who makes them for Formula). The new skins were sent to me and I was able to remove all the old and re-install all the new over the existing foam for a new/factory look. they must have used 20lbs of stainless staples and i simply copied the way things were done the first time. Even the local shops can order the skins if desired.

more recently Mcleod has had some issues so don't pay for anything up front....assuming they are still in business.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:48 PM
BL6
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I took factory tour a few years ago, I watched computer cut out all panels for vinyll seat etc. Gals then sewed all together.
I was told you could order new skins for any year/color design & they could do.
Ideal just send you skins & have local rebuild.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t500hps
I wanted new skins for my bench seat a couple years ago and was able to get them from Mcleod direct (who makes them for Formula).

more recently Mcleod has had some issues so don't pay for anything up front....assuming they are still in business.
McLeod DOES NOT make the skins for Formula, they are made at the Formula plant in Decatur. A few years ago, Stephanie McLeod screwed myself and another Formula owner/friend by leading us to believe that they made them, ordered two sets from the Formula plant, and then charged us a premium for them. I found out after the fact when my TAG rep asked me why my hull ID number came on an order for skins that McLeod ordered from them.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Hey,

I'll jump in on this too...

In December of last year, I called both copycatcovers and Mcleod Designs.

It took me 3 separate phone calls and 4 different e-mails to get a response back from copycatcovers. The vinyl estimate that copycatcovers gave me for my 89' 292 SR-1 was $1,600.

That was just for the vinyl work on two front bolsters, (Meleod's), the rear bench seat, and the vinyl for the sundeck/engine cover. Obviously, I would do the install myself.

That estimate from copycatcovers did not include any extra matching vinyl, or any shipping or handling charges.

When I called Mcleod Design, that process took 2 separate phone calls and 3 different e-mails to finally get ahold of someone in person to talk to.

I learned that the Mcleod's are long gone from the company, and as of December 18th, 2010, the Mcleod factory was moving to a much larger building.

I was told by one of the current staff at Mcleaod's to "call-back" in mid-January (2011) and they would see what they could do.

When I asked the girl about my boat's vinyl work that I needed, she said that they might be disgarding the old "paper patterns" as everything is computerized now...

I made every attempt I could to get more info on the "disgarded paper patterns" she spoke of, but no luck.

While I my not be an expert at upholstery work, I know for sure that with my past experience I can easily handle changing out the vinyl if we can only find a place that does it!!!

Last edited by Haley'sComet; 01-16-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Registered

so the answer to this question is still "i dunno"

if in fact i can get the skins right from fomula thats what i need to do. i dont want some hillbilly nobody screwing my boat over.

and for the record the unfortunate thing around here is the performance boat market has dried up. There are no "shops" around here anymore. The formula dealer is even gone!

Thats one thing i didnt pay attention to when i got myself into this.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlowPlay
so the answer to this question is still "i dunno"

if in fact i can get the skins right from fomula thats what i need to do. i dont want some hillbilly nobody screwing my boat over.

and for the record the unfortunate thing around here is the performance boat market has dried up. There are no "shops" around here anymore. The formula dealer is even gone!

Thats one thing i didnt pay attention to when i got myself into this.
We got ours FROM McLeod Design in 2007 and the part #'s from Formula and the price sheet was the same.

30435TAG Engine hatch skin all white $713.67
16350TAG Headrest skins all white $99.03/each (4 required)
30440TAG Headrest combo all white $285.45
19971TAG Trunk lid all white $364.02
30442TAG Aft seat backrest all white $693.41
19637TAG Aft seat front roll white $221.39
19638TAG Aft seat mid roll white $180.56

I hope this helps !!!!!