Notices

Morel Lifter Worth it?

Old 01-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morel Lifter Worth it?

I am looking at these for a MK IV BBC. are they really any good?
Also does anybody know if they are pin oiled or not for the mkIV Retrofit Hyd. Roller
Old 01-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes the best you can buy. Worth every penny.
Get a hold of RMBUILDER he help design the lifter, he will not say that or advertise it. Best advise you can get.
He spends so much time talking to you, I dont know how he makes any money
Old 01-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

I'm definitely not a valvetrain (or even engine) guru, but I can say that Morel lifters are very high quality. I am in their factory about every other week. I sell industrial carbide cutting tools and provide application support to our customers as well. Morel uses our inserts to turn, bore, and drill the lifters as well as our solid carbide end mills to rough and finish a lot of the slot details. Great guys to deal with and every time I go in there, they're always busting tail to get a hot order out for a race the upcoming weekend. Lots of high profile customers and big focus on quality, too.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MetlShpr
I'm definitely not a valvetrain (or even engine) guru, but I can say that Morel lifters are very high quality. I am in their factory about every other week. I sell industrial carbide cutting tools and provide application support to our customers as well. Morel uses our inserts to turn, bore, and drill the lifters as well as our solid carbide end mills to rough and finish a lot of the slot details. Great guys to deal with and every time I go in there, they're always busting tail to get a hot order out for a race the upcoming weekend. Lots of high profile customers and big focus on quality, too.
Nice. I went ahead and bought 2 sets. I have not heard a Bad thing about them from differant sites as well as racing buddies.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered

I run them in my blown mark iv engines and no problems what so ever. One thing to mention is when I first set them up in my engines I preloaded them at 5/8 turn like on my old flat tappet lifters and had a lot of valve train noise. I had to preload them to 1 full turn to get them to be quiet. Not a problem, just something for you to consider when installing them.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by blue thunder
I run them in my blown mark iv engines and no problems what so ever. One thing to mention is when I first set them up in my engines I preloaded them at 5/8 turn like on my old flat tappet lifters and had a lot of valve train noise. I had to preload them to 1 full turn to get them to be quiet. Not a problem, just something for you to consider when installing them.
i dont like noise. thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BIGJIM
Yes the best you can buy. Worth every penny.
Get a hold of RMBUILDER he help design the lifter, he will not say that or advertise it. Best advise you can get.
He spends so much time talking to you, I dont know how he makes any money
+100
Old 01-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
I use Morals and I went 5/8 after preload. They are very quiet, but the engine screams !!!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I'm also running morel lifters that I bought from Bob Mandera/Marine Kinetics. Exellent lifter IMO...
Old 03-26-2017, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.