Fair Exchange of Information >

Fair Exchange of Information

Notices

Fair Exchange of Information

Old 01-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fair Exchange of Information

I think you have really taken the value and purpose out of this section in an effort to censor a few posters who get out of control. I have read some of the name calling and stupid things posted here, but making this a forum for only people with legal issues is hurting all of us in our path to seeking good, solid information about how businesses perform and treat their customers. I own a service business and my business is reviewed everyday by my customers and posted on websites like Kudzu, Angie's List, City Search, etc. I of course, feel some of the reviews are out of line and some are glowing, but the overall good of sites like this are a "raising of the bar" of any industry. The business owner has a opportunity to post a rebuttal and state their side of the dispute and how they answer and what they post gives a potential customer an insight into that business that is invaluable . These social network postings have caused a lot of my competitors to behave differently in they try harder to please their customers and they tend to not sweep their mistakes under the rug. Overall in the last 5 years since these sites have grown, the heating and air customer service business in Atlanta has gotten much better. From some of the negative issues I have read about in the marine business, this industry is in need of an open exchange of information more than ever and your attempt to stifle this is clearly a mistake for customers and the business owner. This business could also enjoy a higher level of respect and prestige if this type of posting is allowed and even encouraged.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
I think you have really taken the value and purpose out of this section in an effort to censor a few posters who get out of control. I have read some of the name calling and stupid things posted here, but making this a forum for only people with legal issues is hurting all of us in our path to seeking good, solid information about how businesses perform and treat their customers. I own a service business and my business is reviewed everyday by my customers and posted on websites like Kudzu, Angie's List, City Search, etc. I of course, feel some of the reviews are out of line and some are glowing, but the overall good of sites like this are a "raising of the bar" of any industry. The business owner has a opportunity to post a rebuttal and state their side of the dispute and how they answer and what they post gives a potential customer an insight into that business that is invaluable . These social network postings have caused a lot of my competitors to behave differently in they try harder to please their customers and they tend to not sweep their mistakes under the rug. Overall in the last 5 years since these sites have grown, the heating and air customer service business in Atlanta has gotten much better. From some of the negative issues I have read about in the marine business, this industry is in need of an open exchange of information more than ever and your attempt to stifle this is clearly a mistake for customers and the business owner. This business could also enjoy a higher level of respect and prestige if this type of posting is allowed and even encouraged.
Excellent post.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Excellent post.
Ditto Jazz and if your a paying OSO advertiser you are shielded from any Negativety even if you have screwed a customer ... very cheap insurance to just pay and advertize and let the site run block 4 ya ...
Old 01-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

Default Advertiser not Protected

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
Ditto Jazz and if your a paying OSO advertiser you are shielded from any Negativety even if you have screwed a customer ... very cheap insurance to just pay and advertize and let the site run block 4 ya ...
Good Point! My company spends $129k a year on advertising on Kudzu.com because it brings me additional work and they do not remove or edit ant negative review if it meets the "rules of engagement" . I know sites need their advertisers, but if the rules are fair, everyone is protected.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
Are you serious?

What gets me is when a builder/supplier whatever does get any bad press on here they will come on and just slam the person and try to make him/her the bad guy in the mess and say chit like I got so sick of them complaining about this or that little thing so I just put'em on termanal egnore and the fight starts.
It doesn't seem to matter that the person spent very large sums of money and expected things to be correct.
Also I see or have seen that alot of guys will not post the bad stuff for fear of loose'n there azz's when it comes time to sell whatever it was, boat/parts/trailer ect-ect-.
Been there done that and it hurts to hide the crap that you know should come out.
Take the time to read the RF threads
If any other builder did what he has done those threads would be in here. Like it or not he phucked the whole industry plain and simple and now everyone loves him and wishes him well, give me a break!!!!!!!
I know I will be flamed for this so go ahead let it fly, I finely got it out.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:57 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

I changed the wording on the stickie...

I agree that an open exchange of information is needed and fine with posting about a bad transaction or business dealing.... I still want the thread starter to be prepared to back up their claims with photos, email and information....

I have also seen the good of this section and impresses when someone is called out for a bad dealing and made the situation right!!

What we would like to avoid having is this section to be is a bunch of threads crying because X didn't return my phone call or claims without backup...

Back up is the key to proof of a bad dealing!
Old 01-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
Good Point! My company spends $129k a year on advertising on Kudzu.com because it brings me additional work and they do not remove or edit ant negative review if it meets the "rules of engagement" . I know sites need their advertisers, but if the rules are fair, everyone is protected.
i do believe Speedy has no problem with airing both sides of a Badd dealing in the Beware/ stolen section but usually it ends up 1 sided and the shop does'nt ever show up to post there side instead there cheerleaders do and it then turns into a pizzing match of who screams the loudest ... cant make everyone happy so a lil negativety is expected and OSO site readers then just have make there own decision on what/who they believe.

CH!T dont think i even swore on this post
Old 01-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

What about also not being able to edit your post..in this section...I think if you post something, back it up...dont change it.....or complain to your friend that happens to be a moderator to get posts deleted...
Old 01-31-2011, 05:24 AM
Banned

Default Much appreciated!

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl

I agree that an open exchange of information is needed and fine with posting about a bad transaction or business dealing.... I still want the thread starter to be prepared to back up their claims with photos, email and information....

I have also seen the good of this section and impresses when someone is called out for a bad dealing and made the situation right!!

What we would like to avoid having is this section to be is a bunch of threads crying because X didn't return my phone call or claims without backup...

Thank you very much for the new wording! It is much better. You are so correct about a bad situation being made better and this can eventually change behavior in the future. Thanks, Dan
Old 01-31-2011, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl

What about Legend Marine Group that has screwed over dozens of people here but there thread always seems to get locked?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.