Plunbing procharger intercooler >

Plunbing procharger intercooler

Notices

Plunbing procharger intercooler

Old 02-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Plunbing procharger intercooler

what is the best way to plumb the water for the intercooler ? just redoing mine and it's tapped off the crossover, was not sure if that was the best set up or not ? thanks Rob

Last edited by ezstriper; 02-15-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We installed a thruhull pickup on the bottom and ran it straight to the cooler then out the side. Plenty of water when you need it and no strain on the rest of the cooling for the engine.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

through hull pick up ran through a sea strainer so you dont plug the orifices in the cooler and a pressure relief valve..then you dump the water out the side the steering wheel is on so you can keep a eye on water flow..a water pressure gauge can be installed as well..
Old 02-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
through hull pick up ran through a sea strainer so you dont plug the orifices in the cooler and a pressure relief valve..then you dump the water out the side the steering wheel is on so you can keep a eye on water flow..a water pressure gauge can be installed as well..
+1 I just did an install similar to the instructions above and it turned out well, only difference is I am using the water source from the leg pick up via the sea water pump, works well.

You do not want big water pressure through the intercooler, it will damage the internals.....
Old 02-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

As mentioned, add a seperate pickup and force feed the intercooler. You don't need water flowing at idle when the boat isn't moving. Once on plane, it will force water through the intercooler. You also don't rob any water from the engine. It needs all it can get usually.
Some will dump out the side where you can see it and some dump it through of the transom on top of the drive for additional cooling.
Eddie
Old 02-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered

how about a pickup off the transom ?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:15 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Just curious, which intercooler are you running ?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Registered

I have no idea...polished mounted to the floor...bought the boat like this taking it apart fixing all the B/S putting in a H/P500 carb and setting the procharger up on a blow thru carb...
Old 02-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by ezstriper
I have no idea...polished mounted to the floor...bought the boat like this taking it apart fixing all the B/S putting in a H/P500 carb and setting the procharger up on a blow thru carb...
we were refering a transom mounted pick up..and make sure you use a pressure relief valve ..

where to buy the cooler,go here,http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php...88a481808,they are way cheeper then procharger..
Old 02-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Young Performance plumbed mine the way he mentioned. I first did the plumbing as prescribed by Procharger. It worked ok but when I ran in cold water, the charge would get so cold I would get condensation on my intake. Even though it was a Cent blower, it would still lope. A few years later, I took the setup to Eddie for a major rework. He ran the cooler off the drive pickup and the engine from a transom pickup. We dumped the cooler on the drive (I already had a through hull there). It works great.

In the end, I went with a cooler like Fixxal mentioned from Frozen Boost. Eddie rigged it to my firewall. It was WAY cheaper than a new cooler from Procharger and works better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.