Bell housing drive coupler??? >

Bell housing drive coupler???

Notices

Bell housing drive coupler???

Old 02-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bell housing drive coupler???

Just got the new motors in and they were set up for speedmaster 3's.
I want to use Bravo drives for the time being and I was told there is a coupler that hooks up to the bell housing used on the 3's that converts the application for Bravo set up.

Does anyone know where I can find this coupling adapter or what the proper name is for it?

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CHUCK
Just got the new motors in and they were set up for speedmaster 3's.
I want to use Bravo drives for the time being and I was told there is a coupler that hooks up to the bell housing used on the 3's that converts the application for Bravo set up.

Does anyone know where I can find this coupling adapter or what the proper name is for it?

Thanks!
all you need to do is remove the ssm stuff and add your bravo couplers and bell housings and possibly the flywheels if the starter ring is towards the rear of the flywheel.make sure if you have o change the flywheels they are balanced the same,,you will also need to put your engine mounted starter on and the oil cooler then drop them in and check engine alignment..

Last edited by FIXX; 02-15-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
all you need to do is remove the ssm stuff and add your bravo couplers and bell housings and possibly the flywheels if the starter ring is towards the rear of the flywheel.make sure if you have o change the flywheels they are balanced the same,,you will also need to put your engine mounted starter on and the oil cooler then drop them in and check engine alignment..

Due to rerouting oil cooling and the fact that the bell housings on the motors are brand new and I don't have the bravo bell housings to replace them I really want to try to find these couplers I have been told about.
I appreciate your input sir.

Mr. Gadgets.... Might you know where I can acquire these coupler/adapters?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Registered

OK. So after lots of digging and searching the wonderful world of the internet I still do not have a definite resolution to this coupler thing.

Here is what I have...
Attached Thumbnails Bell housing drive coupler???-cooler-shot-oso.jpg  
Old 03-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Registered

Is this the right piece for the job?
I'm getting mixed answers on this so any help is much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Bell housing drive coupler???-bravo-coupler.jpg  
Old 03-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Never heard of such a thing. That bellhousing is for bolting a tranmission to. If you put some kind of adapter on there the engine would have to be moved forward. Also the drive plate on the flywheel there is for a transmission. The new coupler appears to be a bravo coupler but it must be used with a bravo flywheel housing which also supports the rear of the engine. This is what you need to use with the new coupler. Maybe I'm wrong but I have never in my life heard of such a thing.
http://www.perfprotech.com/store/ass....aspx#assembly
Old 03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Registered

That is what I was thinking when I was told about this "magic coupler".
Looks like I'm just going to have to sell the dual cooler housings I have now and get everything for the bravo setup.

Thanks for your input Jim. I do appreciate it.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

I can tell ya one thing captain, them bell housings with the dual coolers are worth a "LOT" more than them bravo ones. Seen them bravo ones on ebay for around $100. Your also going to need a couple srarters and not knowing what engines you have possibly coolers.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 891 Likes on 319 Posts

there is a setup for a Bravo with a drive line. it has a housing that bolts to the bellhousing that allows a driveshaft to hook to it and an adapter that bolts on the ears of the inner transom plate for the other end of the driveshaft. the Bravo drive engages the rear adapter. if that is what you are looking for I can direct you to a picture of the parts although I dont know the number for the kit off the top of my head.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered

That sounds like something for the forward engine in a staggered setup running Bravos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.