Progress report >

Progress report

Notices

Progress report

Old 02-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts
Default Progress report

As some of you know, I am doing a complete paint redo and re-rig of a 2000 Armada BatBoat. the new engine sits on teh stand, but my biggest challenge has been paint. We tore into it and found a bunch of challenges from some spider cracking, to a layer of "soft" laquer paint. The spider cracks have been fixed, the motor was mocked up in place for the new exhaust outlets (straight pipes off tube headers), and the old holes have been filled. I would like to get the engine in before paint, but timing just does not allow it to happen. I have several sponsors of this boat (I will share more after the graphics are on), and I need to get some pics for autograph cards, racing jerseys, t-shirts, etc.

I also purchased a 53" remote control boat (2 cycle, pull start weedeater motor) that we will paint and "graphic" to match the big boat spot on. This will give a piece for my sponsors to show off in thier waiting rooms, trade show exhibits, bars, etc.

As of yesterday, the boat is now in its first coat of primer, so soon, I will have a Synergy Green BatBoat. For timing purposes, i took the tariler to another painter to have painted to match and I will pick it up later today.

Damn, I just tried to add pics and it won't let me. I guess that I need to pay up and become a member.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

OK, now I can post pics. here is where they weer at a coupleof days ago, along with a pic of what we started with.

It was cool before, but it should be really cool after.

BTW, GlassDave has been a wealth of knowledge through this build. I appreciate all of the input that he gave me that could save me a bunch of time and money.
Attached Thumbnails Progress report-preppedontrailer-medium-.jpg   Progress report-modelprepped-medium-.jpg   Progress report-batboataerial.jpg  

Old 02-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Boat looks great keep on posting pictures.